Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Goodman/CBS reporting Harrow transferring to Georgia State

Goodman/CBS reporting Harrow transferring to Georgia State

https://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS/statu...75309319753728

Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow is transferring to Georgia State, source told CBSSports. Began his career at NC State.

Re: Goodman/CBS reporting Harrow transferring to Georgia State

Good to see it get publicized. Hope he can work things out.

Also being reported by the AJC: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/colle...a-state/nW795/

They say he will petition the NCAA for the right to play immediately.

Well -at least he has a place to go. Good luck to Ryan.

Ga St as in the college, or the institute for mental health? Hopefully this move puts him somewhere where he can be successful. Odd though that he would go to a Division 1 school. Must mean he will be gradating this spring or summer, otherwise he would need to sit out and lose a year of eligibility since he has already redshirted
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I've heard he will get his degree so I'm guessing that is his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Also being reported by the AJC: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/colle...a-state/nW795/

They say he will petition the NCAA for the right to play immediately.
    Having read the article, and particularily about his fathers stroke, I hope a waiver is granted.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

One and Done

Good luck to Ryan. I hope he is able to take care of business and further his education to the greatest extent that he is able.

For those who may not read it, the AJC article has some details. Ryan's dad had a stroke in 2012 and Ryan's transfer to Ga State will allow him to petition the NCAA to play immediately, and will have 2 years of eligibility remaining if successful.

Cal's good. Really good.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And, of course, Ryan is from there. It is going home for him.

Rupp's Runt

I wish him all the best. Hope everything works out for him, and for his father too.
    This is probably the best thing to happen for all parties involved.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    And, of course, Ryan is from there. It is going home for him.
    One of the reasons I like the choice. Hopefully provides him an environment where he's more comfortable and can excel.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Turns out well for everyone. Excellent.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

The stroke hits close to home.
    I wish the kid nothing but the best and here's to his father's continued recovery.
    And, I also pray that the youngun gets the counseling he needs, for his own health's sake; youngun has some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    For those who may not read it, the AJC article has some details. Ryan's dad had a stroke in 2012 and Ryan's transfer to Ga State will allow him to petition the NCAA to play immediately, and will have 2 years of eligibility remaining if successful.

Cal's good. Really good.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    The stroke hits close to home.
    I wish the kid nothing but the best and here's to his father's continued recovery.
    And, I also pray that the youngun gets the counseling he needs, for his own health's sake; youngun has some issues.
    I'm getting ready to visit my father who suffers with a progressive brain disease causing numerous mini-strokes over the last several years. I can somewhat relate to the stress of not being able to "make it better" for him.

Such things are common to mankind and should be viewed in that light. A person can feel all alone if they don't reach out...and vice versa

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Kentucky/Coach Calipari statement:

Calipari: Given the health of his dad, we fully support Ryan’s decision to transfer to Georgia State to be closer to his family in Atlanta.

Calipari: Ryan was a vital part of this year’s team and an important player in practice during our 2011-12 national championship run.

Calipari: I want to thank Ryan for his efforts and hard work and wish him the best of luck at Georgia State.

Cal: I know the #BBN will keep a close eye on him & wish him well as he continues his basketball career and his pursuit of a college degree.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

By the way, highly recommend everyone read the Atlanta Journal Constitution article linked above. Lot of quotes and detail.

http://po.st/ubLE9B

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-31-2013 at 12:46 PM.