Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Florida lawmakers advance bill to allow arming school employees

Florida lawmakers advance bill to allow arming school employees

Linkage

Public and private school principals could designate teachers and other school employees who would carry concealed weapons on campus at all times in an effort to make schools safer, under legislation that won approval Wednesday from a Florida House committee.

It gives principals the option to designate one or several school employees to carry concealed weapons. The designee would be required to complete the same training that bank and courthouse security guards complete in addition to the statewide firearms training. Principals could also decline the concealed weapons option altogether.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Florida lawmakers advance bill to allow arming school employees

I think its a good approach.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I like it. You have to be trained and it can respond to local demands/desires.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Speaking of which, this weekend and next weekend my agency is going to undergo "active shooter" training in the local schools and at the courthouse. We'll be using the replica blue handguns and airsoft trainers as well.
    Looking forward to this training, I've been after the Sheriff and our training coordinator to do this for 2 years, and in these locales because of their sensitive nature.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

By the way, I am all in favor of this legislation and hope it passes and Governor Scott signs it into law.
    MOLON LABE!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Love that Dan.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.