Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Shaka Smart Signs Extension At VCU

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Shaka Smart Signs Extension At VCU

Re: Shaka Smart Signs Extension At VCU

Guess he's not going to Minny-sota
    "So KY hires, FSU DC Mark Stoops...Does that excite anybody?" Finebaum

Takes my #1 "don't want him there" pick from UCLA. Hope they keep up the good work.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Takes my #1 "don't want him there" pick from UCLA. Hope they keep up the good work.
    Yep....

Darryl

^^^ Me three. Too good a coach and plays too fun a style. Didn't want him anywhere near UCLA.

They dont call him smart for nuthin!
    Go Cats!

Fwiw, everything I heard is that Smart was not offered the job, and was down on the list of those to be offered. Not positive why as I think he would have been very good there. As I stated in the other thread, UCLA is after Stevens first and foremost of the "most likely to hear them out" list (Pitino and Donovan being at the top). I do know this, it will be enough to get UCLA boosters to start a slight panic as they already have no faith in their admin.
    ~Puma~

Stevens is #1A on my "hope they don't take it" list. Get past him and Pitino and Donovan and I'll take a breath.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Don't think Stevens goes there. How many coaches since wooden have left on good terms?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Stevens is #1A on my "hope they don't take it" list. Get past him and Pitino and Donovan and I'll take a breath.
    I agree. There are a couple of lower-tier guys that would scare me, but I don't think they will get offered. I hope not. The best thing for the rest of college basketball would be for Mike Brown or another re-tread to get this job.
    ~Puma~

Puma is very much in the know. There is a guy on CI (Running Ramel who is a law school professor in Indy) that is very good friends with
    the Stevens family. In the past he has been adamant Brad will only coach at UK, Butler, Notre Dame, Indiana, Duke or UNC. Things can
    always change, but that has been the stance for awhile.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Puma is very much in the know. There is a guy on CI (Running Ramel who is a law school professor in Indy) that is very good friends with
    the Stevens family. In the past he has been adamant Brad will only coach at UK, Butler, Notre Dame, Indiana, Duke or UNC. Things can
    always change, but that has been the stance for awhile.

Darryl
    I remembered you saying that a while back. If I were a UCLA fan, that news would scare me, and I have kept it in the back of my head. I'm telling you, if they strike out on their top 5 choices, some heads are going to explode.
    ~Puma~

Hey Pearl will be available in another year....I'm sure that SOS would take it

Quote Originally Posted by millsforthree View Post
    Hey Pearl will be available in another year....I'm sure that SOS would take it
    Funny enough I thought about that today. Pearl crucified the UCLA fans on tv today, so doubt he would get an offer any time this decade. However, I actually thought, "man, Bruce Pearl would be scary good at UCLA honestly". But that's just me as like I said, it seems neither he nor they would have any interest in the least.
    ~Puma~

Has Sampson's probation expired yet?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

UCLA would have to give a truck load of money to Donovan. He lives in Florida and pays zero state income tax. He is currently in the top 5 of coaches' salaries. The state income tax in California is 14%.

That eliminates Donovan IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tbradg View Post
    UCLA would have to give a truck load of money to Donovan. He lives in Florida and pays zero state income tax. He is currently in the top 5 of coaches' salaries. The state income tax in California is 14%.

That eliminates Donovan IMO.
    That's a really good point!

Regarding HC Smart, does louisville go after him after "Done in 15 Seconds" retires?
    Last edited by CatinIL; 03-28-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CatinIL View Post
    That's a really good point!

Rearding HC Smart, does louisville go after him after "Done in 15 Seconds" retires?
    That might make the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry a bit interesting once he figures out the intensity of dislike between the two fanbases.
    MOLON LABE!