Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pretty embarrassing for us Floridians

Pretty embarrassing for us Floridians

As some of you may know, my daughter attends FL Atlantic University in Boca Raton which is the site of this story...LINK

A Florida Atlantic University student says he’s been told not to return to his intercultural communications class after he complained that the instructor, who’s also a Palm Beach County Democratic Party official, asked students to write “Jesus” on a piece of paper and stomp on it.

It seems now that most of the support, including some democratic mouthpieces, have come out in support of the student who refused to stomp on Jesus as the professor requested. Still, would liberals be as tolerant if this was Mohammad, a gay activist or President Obama
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Pretty embarrassing for us Floridians

Still, would liberals be as tolerant if this was Mohammad, a gay activist or President Obama
    That question has been asked in many corners, and as you can imagine the opinions vary quite a bit. I think you likely know what my answer would be to that question.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I don't think less of the school Doc. It's all too easy for crackpots and dumba$$es to get in to college faculties and start blathering in front of students. I've had classes from some awfully messed up people, though none of them so obviously wacked as this guy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It seems that those liberals prone to this type of behavior have become more brazen under the Obama administration.

The current state of things is causing a chasm to open between the zealots and everyone else that voted for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't think less of the school Doc. It's all too easy for crackpots and dumba$$es to get in to college faculties and start blathering in front of students. I've had classes from some awfully messed up people, though none of them so obviously wacked as this guy.
    Actually the schools response was quite good. They sincerely apologized and there are many calling for the dismissal of dr poole
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

My daughter has told me the same kinds of things, both from her time at the University of Florida and the school she is attending in Oklahoma right now.
    Before she became a U.S. citizen I told her not to get drawn into ANY political discussions/interactions on campus, and she has continued to do that after becoming a citizen as well. She has told me that most of the people doing this stuff are not the kind of people she wants to associate with, and she doesn't agree with them anyway. She keeps quiet and sticks to doing what she is there for, learning the subject material she is studying.
    MOLON LABE!

Many here know my views on religion, and I agree that this is entirely unacceptable behavior. It's one thing to be upfront and honest about your views, and to defend them in a debate or argument, but it's never ok to force your belief on others. That remains true no matter which side of the fence one happens to be on.

Like CBBN, I agree it doesn't look bad on the school, they seemed to have handled it well. The nutty professor is the one that looks ignorant.
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    My daughter has told me the same kinds of things, both from her time at the University of Florida and the school she is attending in Oklahoma right now.
    Before she became a U.S. citizen I told her not to get drawn into ANY political discussions/interactions on campus, and she has continued to do that after becoming a citizen as well. She has told me that most of the people doing this stuff are not the kind of people she wants to associate with, and she doesn't agree with them anyway. She keeps quiet and sticks to doing what she is there for, learning the subject material she is studying.
    Smart girl suncat!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Actually the schools response was quite good. They sincerely apologized and there are many calling for the dismissal of dr poole
    IMO, he should be fired! These students are there to get an education and it's not the professors place to interfere with their religious belief whatever it may be.

Rupp's Runt

To my way of thinking this falls into that "seperation of Church & State" meaning as enumerated in the Constitution. Why? Because this a PUBLIC SCHOOL funded by TAXPAYERS, in addition to the fact that he advocated harm to Jesus & Christians, even if it was in a rhetorical sense.
    This is just another case of the double standard that exists and applies to everyone but Democrats. JMHO, yours may differ.
    MOLON LABE!

Judgement Day is going to really stink for some people...

My first objection is that it's just stupid. People are paying for this nonsense? What did it teach? I tried to avoid moronic classes when possible but you always have some, and I resented spending my time and money on crap like this.

This is the college version of finger painting. Pointless drivel by a guy who isn't qualified to teach how to cross a street. The university's fault is if they don't fire him for incompetence before we even get to the religious and social issues.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CatinIL View Post
    Judgement Day is going to really stink for some people...
    I'm prepared. I've made friends with every John Conner I can find on Facebook and Linkedin.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm prepared. I've made friends with every John Conner I can find on Facebook and Linkedin.
    THEY"LL BE TERMINATED!

Unforgettable

I might be way wrong but didnt the school first back the prof only to change very soon and apologize? If I am right they only apologized after they caught hell