Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Firing Line: 2013 college basketball coaching changes/CBS

Firing Line: 2013 college basketball coaching changes/CBS

What coaching jobs are open? Who was let go and who are the potential candidates? Who has been hired and did the athletic director make the right move? You've got questions and we've got answers as we track this year's college basketball coaching carousel. You can also check out the latest Hot Seat Index by conference.

MINNESOTA

Out: Tubby Smith, who has spent the past six seasons with the Gophers, was fired. His tenure ends with a 124-81 overall mark and a 46-62 record in Big Ten play. Smith, 61, won his first NCAA tournament game at the school this past week against UCLA, but new athletic director Norwood Teague -- who along with associate AD Mike Ellis was responsible for hiring Shaka Smart at his last stop -- decided to go in a different direction and buy out the remaining years of his contract.

Candidates: Shaka Smart (VCU), Buzz Williams (Marquette), Andy Enfield (FGCU), Flip Saunders (TV)

NORTHWESTERN

Out: Bill Carmody will not return to Northwestern for a 14th season as the men's basketball coach, the school announced. The Wildcats lost their final nine games this season and finished 13-19. More important, they never made the Field of 68 (or 65 or 64) under Carmody, which is typically considered the pass-fail mark for power-conference coaches. The New Jersey native came close a few times, made the NIT from 2009 to 2012, and is generally respected within the sport. But change sometimes must come for the sake of change and to give hope to fans who no longer have it or, perhaps, have never had it. So, development is rooted in that. An attempt to reach Carmody for comment was not immediately successful.

Candidates: Chris Collins (Duke assistant)
    complete list

Re: Firing Line: 2013 college basketball coaching changes/CBS

Wonder if any of our assistants are thinking of moving on?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Firing Line: 2013 college basketball coaching changes/CBS

I think all of them would welcome the right opportunity. Coach Payne was a candidate last year, but did not get serious about it because it was not a job that was better than what he has right now. When they leave it will be for a very good job in a good situation.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.