Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: National League Wild Card Standings

Re: National League Wild Card Standings

Lfbj00, I finally downloaded the Sirius/XM app a week or so ago, and have rediscovered one of my old pleasures; listening to MLB ballgames on the radio. When the Cardinals dropped their game yesterday to the Reds, I switched over to your Dodgers. I heard the inning where he was thrown out trying to stretch it to a triple, and was flabbergasted. Then my jaw dropped when the next batter hit a triple. Fate was just against you, my friend--you made a great run at it, though.

I'm really struggling with the idea of going to Atlanta Friday. I'm already definitely going to Atlanta for the Champions Classic next month, attending SEC Media Day in Birmingham later this month, and 95% sure I'll be going to Big Blue Madness (for my first time). At some point, I have to draw a line. The trip is an easy one for me, though, and I can drive over and back the same day after the game.

My oldest son is working and not a big baseball fan anyway; my youngest son has a soccer game Saturday morning and I don't really feel like having him out until early hours, so right now, it would just be me. The good news is, I think I'll be able to get a good ticket for just one person still. But there's nothing--nothing--like being at a live baseball game. The feel is different than any other sport. I enjoy going to any sport live, but baseball, to me, is the biggest difference in being there live versus on television.

I need a sign....

Darrell, there isn't any way I was going to miss my Dodgers play if we made the playoffs and ended up in Cincy. Like you, it's an easy drive, up and back, from Louisville, and I saved a couple of Vacation Days from the Big Brown plane factory just in case!! I agree that there isn't any other sport that's as fun to watch in person as baseball. You just can't beat the atmosphere at a ballpark...drinking a beer, cracking some peanuts (I'm a sunflower seeds kinda guy), keeping your own scorecard. It's just different than any other sport.

It wasn't meant to be for my Dodger Blue this year. But if the baseball Gods smile on me, and all of my boys get healthy over the winter, and can stay that way, I'm excited for next season. They've already announced that Matt Kemp will have shoulder survey on Friday to repair a torn labrum. Anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months reha, depending on how bad it is when they get in there. Kershaw does not have to have hip surgery, just rest.

As for the XM thing, I've already decided that I'm gonna do something next year. I'm getting a new iPhone 5, so I'm gonna get something on there. Working 3rd shift, and pulling for a west coast team, dictates that I have to have something with the current MLB rules on broadcasts.
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Unforgettable

Here is your sign Darrell, Cards are in the playoffs, Angels and Pujols are not. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ''

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Lfbj00, I finally downloaded the Sirius/XM app a week or so ago, and have rediscovered one of my old pleasures; listening to MLB ballgames on the radio. When the Cardinals dropped their game yesterday to the Reds, I switched over to your Dodgers. I heard the inning where he was thrown out trying to stretch it to a triple, and was flabbergasted. Then my jaw dropped when the next batter hit a triple. Fate was just against you, my friend--you made a great run at it, though.

I'm really struggling with the idea of going to Atlanta Friday. I'm already definitely going to Atlanta for the Champions Classic next month, attending SEC Media Day in Birmingham later this month, and 95% sure I'll be going to Big Blue Madness (for my first time). At some point, I have to draw a line. The trip is an easy one for me, though, and I can drive over and back the same day after the game.

My oldest son is working and not a big baseball fan anyway; my youngest son has a soccer game Saturday morning and I don't really feel like having him out until early hours, so right now, it would just be me. The good news is, I think I'll be able to get a good ticket for just one person still. But there's nothing--nothing--like being at a live baseball game. The feel is different than any other sport. I enjoy going to any sport live, but baseball, to me, is the biggest difference in being there live versus on television.

I need a sign....

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Here is your sign Darrell, Cards are in the playoffs, Angels and Pujols are not. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ''
    That makes me happy too. He placed himself above the team....and reaps what he sows.

Well, the StL Redbirds will be in the post season (even if it's only for one game) and Albert Pujols will be at home watching on TV. Too bad.

Sorry jazyd, I didn't see your post...we were thinking the same thing.