Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: National League Wild Card Standings

Re: National League Wild Card Standings

LA probably has to win all 6 of their remaining games and hope the Cardinals do no better than 3-3. St. Louis has 3 left against the Nats and 3 against the Reds, all tough games against teams battling to see who gets the wildcard winner. LA has 3 more against last place Colorado and then 3 against San Fran. It's hard to see them winning all of those, but they should get a good start on it today with Kershaw pitching against the Rockies.

In the event of a tie, they would have a one-game playoff to see who gets to play in the wildcard one-game playoff.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    LA probably has to win all 6 of their remaining games and hope the Cardinals do no better than 3-3. St. Louis has 3 left against the Nats and 3 against the Reds, all tough games against teams battling to see who gets the wildcard winner. LA has 3 more against last place Colorado and then 3 against San Fran. It's hard to see them winning all of those, but they should get a good start on it today with Kershaw pitching against the Rockies.

In the event of a tie, they would have a one-game playoff to see who gets to play in the wildcard one-game playoff.
    Yech.

I'm hoping for 3-3 for the Cardinals, win one series, lose the other but win one.

Unforgettable

Cards could easily lose this. Brewers have Houston this weekend and Cards the Nationals. Cards must win 2 of the 3 to have a chance as I think Brewers sweep. Tough next 6 games, but all in the Cards hands, hope they don't pull a 2011 Braves.

If STL doesn't win home games, they don't deserve to play
    Post season in my opinion.
    These mean more to StL than either the Nationals or the Reds. Might as well start now as you will have to beat one of them in the playoffs to advance to anything meaningful.

Unforgettable

Off to a good start tonight, hope the pen can hold the lead Wainright is giving them. Win this tonight and it will be very hard to catch the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    If STL doesn't win home games, they don't deserve to play
    Post season in my opinion.
    These mean more to StL than either the Nationals or the Reds. Might as well start now as you will have to beat one of them in the playoffs to advance to anything meaningful.

Homer Bailey going into the 9th with a no no working with a 1-0 lead over the Pirates
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Homer threw a 115 pitch NO HITTER! Walked only 1 batter.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Homer Bailey going into the 9th with a no no working with a 1-0 lead over the Pirates
    Bailey's no-hitter tonight was especially impressive given the Pirates' desire to avoid another in a long string of losing seasons in Pittsburgh.

Burnett pitched a great game too, yet the Reds continue to be anemic offensively, scoring the lone run in the first inning, ending in Bruce hitting into a DP.

If Cueto can consistently get back to his top level, he can join Latos and Bailey as two of the hottest pitchers in the majors. If Chapman also gets totally back to where he was, I like the Reds chances.

They just have to score more dammit.

Redbirds up 9-1 in the 5th.

Unforgettable

and Houston ahead of Brewers 5-3 in 6th

Redbirds up 9-1 in the 5th.

The Dodgers are actually a game ahead of the Brewers, and they are winning as I type this.

Bob Gibson was the last one to deliver the Pirates a no hitter in 1971. Yep I just typed Bob Gibson, I think I'll throw in a Lou Brock while I'm at it
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Still 9-1 top of the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Bob Gibson was the last one to deliver the Pirates a no hitter in 1971. Yep I just typed Bob Gibson, I think I'll throw in a Lou Brock while I'm at it
    Gibson was my favorite player of all time. I've never seen anyone more competitive.

I remember listening to that game on the old radio back home.

Cards up 9-2 in the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
    Gibson was my favorite player of all time. I've never seen anyone more competitive.

I remember listening to that game on the old radio back home.
    Ditto, except I had a two-way tie. Bob Gibson and Lou Brock.

Brock was so intelligent, just a specimen of athletic ability meets applied intelligence.

12-2 Redbirds, Nationals down to their last 3 outs

I know I won't, but next Friday's one-game wildcard playoff in Atlanta....I could make the drive in under 3 hours, watch the game, and come back late that night.

Might have to do it by myself, but I haven't seen a MLB game in person in a long time, and have never seen a playoff game (or World Series). Tickets are available...

Redbirds win 12-2. Too bad they couldnt save a few of that 10 run cushion for upcoming games.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I know I won't, but next Friday's one-game wildcard playoff in Atlanta....I could make the drive in under 3 hours, watch the game, and come back late that night.

Might have to do it by myself, but I haven't seen a MLB game in person in a long time, and have never seen a playoff game (or World Series). Tickets are available...

Go for it Darrell. I got to see Jeff Suppan pitch a shutout and hit a dinger too against the Mets in 2006, game 3. Best $200 I ever spent

Matt Holiday has an elbow "contusion" after being hit by a pitch.

His status is "day to day".

Dodgers are up on the Rockies 5-0 in the 7th; need to win to stay 3.0 behind the Cardinals.

My Dodgers won 8-0 behind a strong 8 innings from Clayton Kershaw who struck out 10. St Louis wins, so we gain nothing....Dammit!!!!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Matt Holiday has an elbow "contusion" after being hit by a pitch.

His status is "day to day".
    I turned on the game as they were wrapping up, and heard them give the score. I switched channels, and they said "Holiday was hit...."

It was on Sirius/XM, so by the time I switched back, they were on a commercial. On the whole, I'm more relieved that it's not worse after hearing what I heard.

5 games left. I like my chances

Redbirds win 12-2. Too bad they couldnt save a few of that 10 run cushion for upcoming games.
    Former Cardinal Edwin Jackson gave up 8 earned runs in 1.1 innings, and Craig went 4 for 4.

Unforgettable

Jackson has pitched well for them this year. This was a huge win for the Cards, almost a must win to keep that big distance.

Darrell, if we have enough help, do you want a driving companion?

Former Cardinal Edwin Jackson gave up 8 earned runs in 1.1 innings, and Craig went 4 for 4.

Sure, saddle 'em up, and come on!

Unforgettable

I have to look at our schedule and make sure we have enough help. If I can I wll,, and I am going to see if I can get two tickets from the DAA Braves here, I take ads in their program.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Sure, saddle 'em up, and come on!

Holiday will play tonight!

At least, that's the latest I read!