Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Massachusetts principal calls off Honors Night

Massachusetts principal calls off Honors Night

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Massachusetts principal calls off Honors Night

Nobody can have anything unless everybody gets it. No surprise; Massachusetts.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Knew before I even clicked on this thread it was going to be a "can't recognized anyone's accomplishments b/c it'll make others feel bad" story. Everyone gets a trophy.

Yes some kids get less support at home than others. So the lesson he teaches is that somehow it'll all work out and that will be taken into account in their future? How about the "everyone has their struggles, and the real world wont' give a damn about them so you better find ways to overcome those hurdles" lesson? You know, the one that is the TRUTH of life.

The victim society is destroying this nation. Anyone not born with a silver spoon in their mouth has an excuse to be lazy or uneducated or do drugs or commit crimes. Instead of letting them get what they deserve for those choices in the free market we pass laws to take from those who learned those lessons and give it to those who don't want to battle against their difficulties. No, they're victims of some terrible tragedy or the Fates and we need to forcibly take from those "more fortunate". I get to have less in my life and for my family's lives than I've earned through my work b/c my mother cared to educate me and teach me those life lessons and force me to overcome them.

Pathetic. No doubt it will never occur to him that by removing incentives to try hard and accomplish things in spite of personal hurdles he's robbing all of these children and only lowering the level of student achievement he will produce from that school. Achievement, education, hard work, molding successful future adults isn't important, just the feelings of those who may feel bad for not being honor students.

Wish my mom were a parent at that school. He'd be sorry he'd ever been born.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

An entire generation of failures are being raised. The competitive work environment will be a rude awakening to the low GPA kid who gets his but kicked by a harder worker, better student and will cry how its unfair.