Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: How do I know what areas in Alabama are "gun-free" zones?

How do I know what areas in Alabama are "gun-free" zones?

I assumed schools are "gun-free" zones, but someone told me recently my assumption was a poor one, and that in fact, people with CCW permits were lawful in carrying their weapons in schools. I was provided a link and became satisfied that they were correct--again, which surprised me.

Without doing a lot of research on it (I won't, so you shouldn't), is there a list somewhere? State by state? Yes, I "know" some of them--court houses, post office, federal buildings, etc. But I'm curious if there's a list somewhere.

Re: How do I know what areas in Alabama are "gun-free" zones?

Not sure what you are looking for is here but it is a pretty good site.

http://www.legallyarmed.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ukcatlvr View Post
    Not sure what you are looking for is here but it is a pretty good site.

http://www.legallyarmed.com/
    Good stuff, that.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

There are federal restrictions that concern federal buildings and the rest are up to the state. In Kentucky there is a specific list of places that are "gun free", like college campuses, then there is the option of private businesses to post signs but those signs aren't binding other than as trespass if they ask you to leave and you refuse.

The internet sites are a good start, but I've found more than one mistake in the data for Kentucky. Nothing major, just a lack of precision in some things. Didn't click on that one, hopefully it has links to the state sites. Kentucky has a pretty good FAQ section on ccdw and carry zones.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.