Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JOker: We are better than this (honestly, he said that)

Re: JOker: We are better than this (honestly, he said that)

The UL defense played their safety deep all day. Max took advantage of what was there and executed really pretty well. The Oline gave up two sacks and opened some nice holes in the spread for Williams and Sanders. Anyone who suggests Summers should be fired is probably either too hot to think straight or is not too football saavy. The TOs are not acceptable. This game is still a loss without them, but UK would have been in the fight. But, to criticze the offense in a game where the UL defense was supposed to be the best squad on the field is fairly rich. There is a lot to be pissed about. That just ain't it.

Re: JOker: We are better than this (honestly, he said that)

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    The UL defense played their safety deep all day. Max took advantage of what was there and executed really pretty well. The Oline gave up two sacks and opened some nice holes in the spread for Williams and Sanders. Anyone who suggests Summers should be fired is probably either too hot to think straight or is not too football saavy. The TOs are not acceptable. This game is still a loss without them, but UK would have been in the fight. But, to criticze the offense in a game where the UL defense was supposed to be the best squad on the field is fairly rich. There is a lot to be pissed about. That just ain't it.
    It would have been a better game, but Strong let off the accelerator so as not to embarrass us in the second half.
    Offensively we are much better than last season. And where we gained on offense, we lost on defense.
    We still needed to be better on the ground. Playing from behind forced UK to the pass.
    run game would be my focus Saturday if I am Coach Phillips. I believe Max has shown himself well enough to get the offense set, check down if necessary.
    We looked fat, slow and our line had no push. Almost as if our reactions are slow. I'm really perplexed about our defensive front.