Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap camera photos of "wind" last night

Re: Cheap camera photos of "wind" last night

Quote Originally Posted by ladycat92 View Post
    The government wants you to think it's just an insect or a bat flying close to the light. We all know it's from Area 51.
    The Administration announces changes in their use of drones on American civilian populations, almost simultaneously these things show up at Darrell's back door. Coincidence? I think not.

Personally I'd hope for ghosts. Homeland Security scares me more these days.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

After midnight. I am keeping watch.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Quote Originally Posted by darrell ksr View Post
    after midnight. I am keeping watch.

Sent using forum runner. All typos excused.

boo!
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, I am going to bed. A watched cauldron never bubbles.

Alas, no pic last night. Maybe it is hiding out...

You forgot to factor in the time change, and perhaps the ghouls didn't spring forward.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

With this weather, they may think it is still winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    With this weather, they may think it is still winter.

They'd be right.

Well, I have another. Taken at 11:31 p.m. Friday night, here it is.

00626E45191E_CartCam__m20130329223115.jpg

OK put me down for a bat that loves to be on camera.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Yep, def bat/bird the wing beats are pretty obvious here. But it still might be a "ghost bird"
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

Just to be sure you better put up some netting.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

I don't know if that camera could catch a bat like that, don't think the shutter is fast enough

QUOTE=dan_bgblue;74386]OK put me down for a bat that loves to be on camera.[/QUOTE]

Guessing a slow shutter speed, indeed. This keeps up, I will start checking to see what the speed is. For now, it just intrigues me.

Unforgettable

Darrell, I am just going by the 7 cameras we use at deer camp, many times we get the tail or back of a deer walking, or a blurred deer jumping, or nothing at all if the deer moved too quickly several yards away with a full frame. But a bat that close, I would think it would be out of the frame before the camera could catch it. What kind did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Guessing a slow shutter speed, indeed. This keeps up, I will start checking to see what the speed is. For now, it just intrigues me.

Jazy, it's not even a game camera, but a Foscam IP camera. It is tied to my computer, so I can see from there 24/7. Still under $100, so you get what you pay for, but it shows live video, albeit often "choppy," and emails me pics when something triggers the motion detector. I check my email every morning, and three times now, we've had those interesting pics.

Darrell, google "rod phenomena" or "ghost rods". It's more common to see these images than some think. It's always birds, bats or insects caught by slow shutter speeds. Some folks will never be convinced, but there's no "woo" happening here. Pics are cool as hell, but there's a simple non-supernatural explanation here, as I'm sure you already know.
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Catmandrew View Post
    Darrell, google "rod phenomena" or "ghost rods". It's more common to see these images than some think. It's always birds, bats or insects caught by slow shutter speeds. Some folks will never be convinced, but there's no "woo" happening here. Pics are cool as hell, but there's a simple non-supernatural explanation here, as I'm sure you already know.
    Of course those sites are all run by the government to put out the 21st century version of the "weather balloon" cover story. Why not just go old school and tell him it's swamp gas or the reflection of Venus?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You got me, I'm part of the govt cover up team. I'd have gotten away with it too, if not for that pesky Citizen and his dog!

Unforgettable

They are probably different than what I use. Might have to try you'd. Sounds like a good alarm for safety

UOTE=Darrell KSR;75019]Jazy, it's not even a game camera, but a Foscam IP camera. It is tied to my computer, so I can see from there 24/7. Still under $100, so you get what you pay for, but it shows live video, albeit often "choppy," and emails me pics when something triggers the motion detector. I check my email every morning, and three times now, we've had those interesting pics.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad, Jazy. I have it under an overhang, so it is protected from the elements, and has worked fine for a long time in bad weather, although it is the "indoor" version. They make an outdoor version too, but it was bigger (about the same price, though), and due to configuration, I wanted something smaller. Not great camera. But if there's a knock somewhere, I can see what's there from my computer. Have one on front and can see without getting up from my computer if it's a peddler. Have seen a few animals on this one, but nothing exotic. I'd still like to get a game camera and put it in my backyard in the woods to see what animals come by. I have seen all kind of wildlife myself; I wonder how often I miss them. I bet a lot.

No more boogie-monster photos captured ????

Tonight before I got home.

00626E45191E_CartCam__m20130413192954.jpg

By the way, it's just the first picture. The second picture was an earlier one (I think) that happened to somehow merge with the one tonight, which was about 8:30pm CT.....earliest one of these type so far. Nobody was home, house was quiet, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 04-13-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    No more boogie-monster photos captured ????
    Weird....I have not seen any pics at all til just now...so I posted at the exact minute you asked.

Unbelievable coincidence. Or is it.....?

They look like those deep ocean creatures we're starting to find with the new subs.

Gotta figure the upper one is the ubiquitous small brown bat, but I'm still not counting out aliens. If they can get to this planet over such vast distances you know dang well they can at least build drone probes that look like bats.

11:30 pm last night, exactly 3 hours to the minute from the first one.

00626E45191E_CartCam__m20130413223015.jpg

Yeah, the top one looks like a couple of big giant flying shrimp.

More than likely from outer space...

Yeah, the top one looks like a couple of big giant flying shrimp.

More than likely from outer space...
    Yeah but the heads have been removed from the shrimp.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Yeah but the heads have been removed from the shrimp.
    Shrimp from outer space don't have heads, everybody knows that.

Shrimp from outer space don't have heads, everybody knows that.
    Of course, that's why they work so well in a cocktail. However, these aren't shrimp at all, too big. Obviously moon-rock lobsters. Duh.
    Last edited by Catmandrew; 04-15-2013 at 08:54 AM.