Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap camera photos of "wind" last night

Cheap camera photos of "wind" last night

Motion detection camera took these photos between 1 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. this morning. I think it may have been windy.

1 Wind Photo.jpg

11 Wind Photo.jpg

Re: Cheap camera photos of "wind" last night

I hope it was only the wind.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Gotta be, right?

Had one other one a couple of weeks ago but these two are even "better."

Unforgettable

Supernatural

Dude, you got ghosts.

The camera is located behind a white fluorescent outdoor light. I really think it has something to do with the wind perhaps moving the camera and it picking up fragments of light in an eerie kind of way.

Or I hope it's Casper, and he's friendly.

Do not go in to the back yard!
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Crap dude, I'd call a priest or something.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Actually, i'm going to guess it is some sort of bat (or maybe a insectivorous bird) eating insects that are flying around your light.

Looks like the neighbor's paper blowing through your yard to me, although the first one does look a little like the Stay-Puft marshmallow man.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Who ya gonna call??? Ghost Busters!

The first one looks like a child kneeling and praying to me.

Catfan I think you nailed the image in the 2nd pic. Not sure about your 2nd observation though.
    seeya
    dan

At 4:40 a.m. on March 11 (one week before), the camera took this photo.

1 March 11 Wind Photo.jpg

Oh, don't mind the shoe--that was a golf shoe left out on our porch. That I know.

Pretty sure this is an alien encounter.

Alien.jpg
    seeya
    dan

Will be fun to see if Monday night I get a repeat.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

That's bizarre.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

The top photo is almost definitely a bat. You can see the image repeating and getting larger (closer to camera) as the wings flap. Can also see the detail of the head and wing-bone structure........Except we dont see bats this time of year in KY...hmmmmm..... Awesome images.
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

The last photo: Possibly the shrub/plant blowing in the wind? In the first two, the greenery can be seen in the top right corner, the last one its not visible. Could be it flapping wildly, reflecting and bending the light, producing the "ghosting". Just my first hypothesis!
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

Last one isn't the shrubbery...camera was angled away from it where there is no shrubbery.

I'm having fun with this thing, but it's not exactly a fast shutter speed, and no telling what those things are. Sounds like a lot of reasonable solutions, and as "ghastly" as they seem--I think the pics are pretty cool--it's going to be something very basic, like a newspaper, or I can buy a bat, or something like that.

The last pic my son checked the wind at the time on some online source and saw it was gusting in our area. Not sure what he checked, but it seemed to make sense.

It'll be interesting to check in about 60 hours when the week-anniversary comes up. I tell ya, if there's another Sunday night/Monday morning ghastly pic like that, it will definitely make for a better story.

Catmandrew!!!!!!!

Great to see you here dude. Welcome home.

I keep going back and forth on the bat hypothesis. I'm pretty familiar with bats (long story) and they definitely could fly like that, but I can't decide if the shape fits or not. They have a very distinct wing, more of a hand than a wing, and I keep changing my mind if it fits that image or not. They're amazing creatures.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, my--I thought it said "Catfan73" -- sorry, Catmandrew, great to see you! Sorry I didn't pick up on your appearance right away, but that's why we keep CitizenBBN, our Social Director Extraordinaire around.

Glad to see you.

Thanx guys! Good to be back. After the move I just never signed back up, but I missed all the fun here, so here I am!

Have to study some more I guess on the last one, it really is a lotta fun trying to figure these out Darrell.
    Last edited by Catmandrew; 03-23-2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to add

Unforgettable

Darrell we have 8 cameras out at our deer camp from late sept to end of jan and have never seen anything like this in thousands of pictures

Move, move now.

Jazy, i have several trail cams as well, but they have very fast exposure time, and no fluorescent light near.

Here is a photo of a "ghost" that just happened to be a bat. Hmmmmm...image.jpg
    THIS reporter sees some similarities in the images, but still unsure. The slow exposure of the motion camera is responsible for the blurring image of whatever this is. Still doesn't tell us exactly what though, does it?
    Last edited by Catmandrew; 03-24-2013 at 03:39 PM.

It was Sunday nigt after midnight Monday morning 2 weeks ago when the first pic occurred, and again one week ago Sunday night after midnight Monday morning when the 2nd & 3rd pics occurred (couple hrs apart).

Will be interesting to check pics when I awaken tomorrow morning, won't it?

The government wants you to think it's just an insect or a bat flying close to the light. We all know it's from Area 51.

Yikes.