Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Tribes plan for worst with looming budget cuts

Tribes plan for worst with looming budget cuts

What am I missing here? This does not appear equitable on the surface. Non resident aliens can still access free education and health care but Native Americans will suffer because congress and the administration don't care enough to step up and see that they are fairly treated along with the rest of the nations needy.

Linkage

While food distribution, welfare programs and health care services that serve the needy are exempt from the cuts, similar services on reservations aren't, said Amber Ebarb, a budget and policy analyst for the National Congress of American Indians.

"Tribes have too little political clout, too small numbers for those same protections to be applied," she said. "I don't think it's the intent of any member of Congress. The ones we hear from, Republicans and Democrats who understand trust and treaty rights, think it's outrageous that tribes are subject to these across-the-board cuts."
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Tribes plan for worst with looming budget cuts

Proof positive those who tout the plight of the needy are really qualifying it to the plight of the needy who can cast votes to keep them in office. Starving kids only matter if their parents are eligible voters in their congressional district.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hello all, been a long time. since b4 the move.

I'm red white and blue, but nothing ever makes me more ashamed of my country than the way we have always treated the " true Americans". My second cousin is married to a full Navajo woman, and they are each professors at the Navajo college on the reservation. I've sat and listened for hours to the tales of transgressions our govt has doled out to these fascinating people. Makes me sick to my stomach.
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine

Welcome back, and I share your sentiments. Hope you will stop by to see us more often.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Thanks Dan, def will. After the move I just never signed up again, but got to missing the good company around here.
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." Thomas Paine