Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Because it's just that important, dang it!

Because it's just that important, dang it!

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/feds...sbians-are-fat

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has awarded $1.5 million to study biological and social factors for why “three-quarters” of lesbians are obese and why gay males are not, calling it an issue of “high public-health significance.”
    Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Mass., has received two grants administered by NIH’s Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) to study the relationship between sexual orientation and obesity.

“Obesity is one of the most critical public health issues affecting the U.S. today,” the description of the grant reads. “Racial and socioeconomic disparities in the determinants, distribution, and consequences of obesity are receiving increasing attention.”

“[H]owever, one area that is only beginning to be recognized is the striking interplay of gender and sexual orientation in obesity disparities,” it states. “It is now well-established that women of minority sexual orientation are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic, with it continues.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Because it's just that important, dang it!

Maybe a good place to start would be to interview Rosie O'Donnell.......or Roseanne Barr.......or Janet Napolitano.......or Margaret Cho.......
    MOLON LABE!

Re: Because it's just that important, dang it!

My frustration is with the spending and it would apply to any demographic. I hope no one takes offense to my sarcasm above. Being overweight or obese is the same problem for everyone and it's simple math. There may be some psychological issues involved but that's universally true as well. It reminds me of a study done decades ago as to why people fall off bicycles. Conclusion: they lose their balance or run into something. Money well spent.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.