Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: T-Mobile Internet???

T-Mobile Internet???

Anyone have it/using it?

My Condo at MB provides Free Internet but it is shared and I also worry about security so was thinking of looking at other options. Any other wired option is not available to tme.

Hence T-Mobile Internet. Is this the same as just their cellular network? I ask because their online site says it is not availalbe in the 29572 zip code but T-Moblie sells phones there.

Re: T-Mobile Internet???

I have it. I have two internets; T-Mobile Business (it's BASICALLY the same as T-Mobile home, more or less) and Spectrum. I work from home and gladly pay for the redundancy if one of the internet is down or unstable.

I don't know exactly how it works, but I THINK it uses the same cellular towers as the cell phones. I don't know why they'd have cellular service without having internet service as well.

It has been just as reliable as my Spectrum, but not as fast. Plenty fast enough to run my computer, Zoom, streaming networks, but you may have needs that exceed that.

I think it’s basically a router that connects wirelessly to a cellular signal but it’s supposed to be 5G so even though I have T-Mobile cell service I can’t get their internet yet.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I had the choice between T-mobile and Comcast. Went with Comcast based on recommendations
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I don't know exactly how it works, but I THINK it uses the same cellular towers as the cell phones.
    Yes (edit: Assumption based on the others. We do not have T mobile around here so I am not that familiar with them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I don't know why they'd have cellular service without having internet service as well.
    Probably a contract issue since T Mobile often uses other towers.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 03-28-2024 at 08:06 AM.

Rupp's Runt

I have a work provided iPad that is a hotspot. Love it. It is perfect for us.

We use it for trips as the kids can directly watch the iPad. And it allows us a backup internet connection at home and for other devices on the road. I personally prefer this over an actual hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Yes (edit: Assumption based on the others. We do not have T mobile around here so I am not that familiar with them.)

Probably a contract issue since T Mobile often uses other towers.
    That makes sense.

I have excellent reception at home and anywhere near me with T-Mobile phone, so my T-Mobile internet is reliable. It's what I used to host the Zoom session last night, so the upload is nice and stable as well.

I need to be able to take Zoom calls, mediate all day with a Federal Court Judge, or whatever at home, so that's why I have the redundant internet. T-Mobile is generally more reliable than my Spectrum, but Spectrum is faster. Just doesn't make a difference to me due to my needs.

Rupp's Runt

I should say, t mobile service covers us. But no one around sells the service. Basically, we are limited to At&t. Verizon is here, but no one has it, supposedly the service is horrible and At&t is okay service at best.

God country issues...