First week of March, 2020, I asked, “will it change your basketball tournament plans”?

I went to the MSU women’s last home game, then asked myself if I should have, and brought that question here.

I believe March 11 is when basketball came to a screeching halt.

I don’t think anyone expected the losses we suffered over this. Keith, my aunt in a nursing home, everybody pretty much knows someone. The loss of life and the destruction of our economy and politics, all hit home for me always this week. I don’t think I will ever look at “March Madness” the same way again.

Now I’ve had it three and probably a false positive test fourth time, and most people I know the same. I went to that TAMU game this year and got it! Girlfriend flew home from texas and 3 days later tested positive.

So today I think mid game the NBA called it quits. It is such a milestone. I know a lot of people no longer go to movies, restaurants, bars, concerts, ball games, etc due to compromised immunity or just wanting to be able to go to work.

Anyway, it is a sad anniversary, a 9/11 anniversary. I was watching the MSU women’s game on TV today and remembering how close I came to driving over for the tourney as we had an outstanding team that year.

Also kudos to our friend the immunological expert in Washington state who kept us informed through it all, and good thoughts to all as we pack ourselves into the arenas and yell our lungs out.

Jeff