Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The real endgame for electric/modern vehicles: control

The real endgame for electric/modern vehicles: control

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...t-newtab-en-us

Good article from the standpoint that it foreshadows the coming regulation by the state of not just speeds at which you can drive, but of course of your very location at every moment every time you use your vehicle.

No, no risk of Big Brother in these proposals. Now go take your soma and be a good citizen.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: The real endgame for electric/modern vehicles: control

FWIW the article references seat belt laws, which IMO are also vast government overreach. Sure you are safer, I'll stipulate to that, but is it part of the state's job to make sure you keep yourself safe? not others, just yourself?

Once you cross that threshold, that the government should have the power to control your behavior to save you from yourself, you are lost. Seatbelts are an easy step across that people generally won't oppose, but it sets the table for any intrusion the state now deems "unsafe", if they can make it stick politically.

So yes, it is something akin to seat belt laws. And they set the precedent for this next round of constraints, which will of course set the precedent for the next creeping regulations and controls.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.