Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Pro-gun voters put heat on Democratic senators

Pro-gun voters put heat on Democratic senators

Politics at it's worst.

Do not vote your conscience, vote to keep your butt in office
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Pro-gun voters put heat on Democratic senators

Democratic political operatives say the NRA could be overplaying its hand this time, arguing some sportsmen may be willing to listen to moderate proposals.

True in a way but for every one who breaks ranks (sorry that's how I see it), 2-3 more are joining the fight who weren't in it previously. It's stunning how many who were middle of the road on gun issues have jumped on the pro gun, conceal carry permit side. Their response hasn't been "ban them all" but "criminals and lunatics will always get them, I'd better have one too."

Keeping their butts in office is what politicians do best, and is sure their priority. He won't tell Obama and the DNC to go to heck and lose his Senate committee assignments nor will he make the case to his constituents and risk them choosing someone else to represent their beliefs. Survival is all that matters to them.

Do what you think is right and if you lose go find a real job. It's pretty simple IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Politics at it's worst.

Do not vote your conscience, vote to keep your butt in office
    Politicians are not elected to vote their conscience, they are elected to vote the will of their electorate. If politicians are voting for fear of not being reelected then we know the system is working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post

Politicians are not elected to vote their conscience, they are elected to vote the will of their electorate. If politicians are voting for fear of not being reelected then we know the system is working as it should.
    Not true. Representative democracy is about voting for people whose conscience you trust. Otherwise why not put it all up to majority vote? Think about how it worked in 1784. You elected a guy you trusted and sent him off on horseback to represent you. No polling, no calling, no TV or radio, almost no constituent contact the entire session.

Representatives are not voting levers. Great representatives lead, not follow.

Very well said
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Not true. Representative democracy is about voting for people whose conscience you trust. Otherwise why not put it all up to majority vote? Think about how it worked in 1784. You elected a guy you trusted and sent him off on horseback to represent you. No polling, no calling, no TV or radio, almost no constituent contact the entire session.

While that is true when electing representatives it is the fear of answering for their voting records that keeps the system in check.

All too often our representatives do not vote their conscience, they vote based upon what their party wants them to do. The rare exception is when the fear of reprisal makes them vote the will of their electorate.