Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Ashley Judd Senate Run

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Ashley Judd Senate Run

If she decides to run, I don't see her getting out of the primary. If she does somehow become the nominee, it might be the very thing that will get Mitch re-elected. Of course, I never thought a half-term Senator with a Marxist background and no paper trail would ever get elected POTUS.

I will personally do everything possible to campaign against her. I like her well enough as a person, but she's in the lunatic fringe by Kentucky, and my, standards.

the BS already starting, BS I can debunk:

“Ashley would add enormously to issues confronting Americans, especially women. She grew up in a home headed by a single mother and through hard work and sacrifice, she pulled herself up, graduated from college and went on to have a successful career,” said D.C-based attorney and political advisor, Margaret Cone. “As a favorite daughter from the state of Kentucky and with her ability to fund raise, she could give Senator McConnell a real run for the seat.”

The "hard work and sacrifice" part is BS. By the time she was in high school the family had more than enough money for her to go to Sayre the year she left her mom and lived with her dad. She was doing modeling, was an average student who IIRC didn't take any AP classes and such, and I didn't see anything close to "hard work" and nowhere NEAR "sacrifice". What sacrifice? By her junior year the Judds were a huge hit, it gave her entre to her acting career, and it's not like she had to work 2 jobs to pay her way through UK.

hard work and sacrifice? By the time I met her she was choking on her silver spoon. A model, a rich family who was never poor, going to the priciest private school in Lexington. Yeah, really pulled herself up, from rich by inheritance to really rich as an actress.

Didn't have to work to put herself through private school or college, afaik never has worked a real job or been in a Kentucky business. I don't think she's ever worked on a farm, or in a car plant, or really interacted with the average folks in this state at all.

Yeah, other than her high school forward life of luxury, having no connection to the people of this state and their jobs and problems, no business experience whatsoever, and being at odds with the social, religious, economic, and moral beliefs of this state, she's perfect.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.

One last thought - she's not even a Kentucky resident. Hasn't lived here in forever. She lives in Tennessee afaik and Hollywood. She'd have to start a run for Kentucky Senator with the establishing of residency.

I'm no fan of McConnell but I'd vote for him for benevolent dictator before I'd vote for Ashley to represent this state as more than a famous person who likes UK basketball.

Oh, don't get me started on the bad mouthing she gave UK when she was still at UK. No doubt it will be written out of the politically penned story of her life.

Pro-Life people will not support her.
    Kentucky is a COAL producing state...she can forget those votes.
    I would think Louisville Cardinal fans would not support her.

I think someone needs to show her where California is on the map...she would probably win out there.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I believe it will be as successful as Caroline Kennedy's brief run for the governorship of NY State. Ashley is much better spoken, but will be fodder for old line dems in the primary, unless of course the National Party keeps out the primary opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Ashley is much better spoken, ......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_hV...ayer_embedded#!

Embedded it Wampus:

"I loved UK". Uh, not from what you were telling people.

"Social justice". Yep, that's her.

http://thehill.com/video/administrat...gain-for-obama

Let's see, from this one story we have:

- "Ardent" Obama supporter
    - was Democratic delegate from TENNESSEE. You know, where she is a resident, as opposed to Kentucky where I'm not sure she has been since she became an adult
    - Was too busy on her show to have paid much attention to Romney or the election in May of the election year. Was going to get around too it at the end of the summer.
    - calls the GOP position on "women's reproductive health" "really dumb". FWIW I'm not pro-life, but I know a lot of Kentuckians are, and "really dumb" probably isn't the best way to open a discourse with those voters.

ran across this kinda by accident. Was trying to find the text of the gun bill on straw purchases on TheHill website. Really not that obsessed with Ashley, just tripped over it.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I don't see Judd as being electable given her far left slant.

Fiddlin' Five

Hope she runs....good for the Kentucky economy with all of the Hollywood $ to be spent here.....Mitch is vulnerable to an average Dem.....will be 18 months of high level entertainment (said to be announcing her intentions on Derby weekend)

Unforgettable

It sounds like citizen is describing Obama.

Chuck you really opened yourself up, your mom did a great job. If you don't mind, where did your dad get killed

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Rooting for UofL on twitter after her Hell joke stinks of pandering. Disappointed in her for that. And not being a Kentucky resident really is offensive to Kentuckians.

I spoke to a friend from New York state who mentioned Judd running. I told him Ashley not being a resident would bad for her career. My friend mentioned RFK and Hillary. I said "exactly". No way does Kentucky elect someone following that carpetbagging style.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post

I spoke to a friend from New York state who mentioned Judd running. I told him Ashley not being a resident would bad for her career. My friend mentioned RFK and Hillary. I said "exactly". No way does Kentucky elect someone following that carpetbagging style.
    Yep. New Yorkers and other Yankees would probably overlook such a thing, Southerners view the world in different terms. Esp. when the carpetbagger's views are so opposed to those of the vast majority of the residents.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.