Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Any week 1 surprises?

Any week 1 surprises?

We've still got quite a few games to play, but there's already been a couple of surprises--not upsets, but surprises in my book--

Stanford (11-2, 8-1 last year) beat cross-town rival San Jose 57-3 last year. Yesterday they beat them 20-17, breaking the tie with a 4th quarter field goal.

Florida beat Bowling Green (5-7, 3-5 in the MAC last year) 27-14 after leading 17-14 entering the fourth quarter. Florida fans are probably glad Urban scheduled BG instead of Utah.

This is the shocker: Houston is trailing Texas State in the third quarter 13-27. Houston was favored by 36.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Any week 1 surprises?

I am not sure who is coaching UF, but I think Meyer is at tOSU. I do agree that the fans are happy to come out with a win
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The Mac conference held there own.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I am not sure who is coaching UF, but I think Meyer is at tOSU. I do agree that the fans are happy to come out with a win
    Lol, you got me there Dan. What I meant was Meyer would have scheduled that before he left--he coached at Bowling Green and Utah before Florida and OSU. Speaking of OSU, those Ohio schools are looking good--at least against Pennsylvania schools. Ohio pulled off the upset over Penn State that some here wondered about, and 1-AA power Youngstown State showed the Big East who's boss by beating Pitt by two touchdowns.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Alabama beating Meeeeshagun wasn't a surprise. Pimp slapping them was a bit of a surprise however.