Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Not sure how true this is

Was on FB...

‎... You will love this one, I haven't stop laughing yet. For those of you who have never traveled to the west, or southwest, cattle guards are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings, in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area. For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails. A few months ago, President Obama received and was reading a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado . The Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, so he ordered the Secretary of the Interior to fire half of the "cattle" guards immediately! Before the Secretary of the Interior could respond and presumably try to straighten President Obama out on the matter, Vice-President Joe Biden, intervened with a request that...before any "cattle" guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining. 'Times are hard,' said Joe Biden, 'it's only fair to the cattle guards and their families be given six months of retraining! ' And these two guys are running our country

Last edited by badrose; 03-08-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Not sure how true this is

Has to be a joke, but funny

Cattle guards on highways and railroad style crossing gates to close roads during high snow are definitely some of the interesting little features you find out West that we don't see around here (you see cattle guards here on farms, but not to keep cows from wandering onto the interstate!)

That better be a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by kritikalcat View Post

Cattle guards on highways and railroad style crossing gates to close roads during high snow are definitely some of the interesting little features you find out West that we don't see around here (you see cattle guards here on farms, but not to keep cows from wandering onto the interstate!)
    These have been used here in northeastern Kentucky as well. Friends of ours have them in their driveway where the drive crosses pasture. Works as well as a gate.

Quote Originally Posted by kritikalcat View Post

I had no idea they were used that way till I did an auction in western Nebraska. Rough country, was weird to see as we drove down the interstate to Wyoming.

Pretty good joke. No doubt the UAW protested and called for them to be unionized.

One more thing, every town seems to have a "Testicle Festival" - I don't think I've seen that east of the Mississippi. In light of the fact that lamb fries are an old-line delicacy in Kentucky, I'm surprised we don't have something like that (or maybe we do?)