Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Dowsing

Dowsing

Any believers here? Any practitioners? If yes, please share your experiences. If no, please tells us why.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Dowsing

Yes. My mother can do it. Her grandfather could. She's taught me and I can do it but not as well. She uses rods.

It's not 100% but it's definitely much better than random chance, in her case way better. So there's something to it or it should over time be no different than random.

I have no explanation for how or why it works, and it's not exact so I'm not sure what is happening, but I've watched mom do it several times and she's dang accurate.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I can't locate water, never even got a hint of it, but i can locate buried lines of all kinds, water, sewer, fuel lines, electrical, phone lines all tug at my rods. I use the 2 bent coat hanger, or 10 to 12 gauge electrical wire. If a ditch or trench has been dug and recovered I can find it. Have found lines that have been buried for 30 years or more. I don't have special rods, and normally just find something available on site, bend into shape and start from there.

If there is something to indicate where a line might be, water meter and nearby house, and the ground is level, I will close my eyes or wear an opaque mask of some sort, and have someone turn me around and around alternating directions a few times then point me in the general direction of the suspected line and turn me loose. May take a while, but I have a very high rate of success in locating the line.

Like you, I have no proof of how it works, but have been told that the trench or ditch has disrupted the electromagnetic field in the soil and pulls the rods into alignment.
    seeya
    dan

My wife can find a jewelry store in the middle of a new town with no equipment of any kind. Does that count?

Rupp's Runt

My mom believes in it. She was trying to find a water well when I was a kid, but ended up finding oil. Not the kind we could sell...so seems iffy at best.

Me, don't really believe in it. If you can take two sticks and find water leaks in lines you could make a fortune. We pay thousands of dollars to people to find leaks in our lines. Some use a noise device. Some use dogs.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 11-14-2023 at 10:06 AM.

I’ve never tried myself but I’ve seen others do it and there’s definitely something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    My mom believes in it. She was trying to find a water well when I was a kid, but ended up finding oil. Not the kind we could sell...so seems iffy at best.

Me, don't really believe in it. If you can take two sticks and find water leaks in lines you could make a fortune. We pay thousands of dollars to pay people to find leaks in our lines. Some use a noise device. Some use dogs.
    It seems to depend on the person, and it's definitely not 100%. Some seem better at it than others.

That said I've seen mom walk across a yard and find sprinkler lines and things like that which are not otherwise marked. You can just about guess a water line to a house from the street meter so that isn't a valid test, but finding other kinds of lines it's harder to rack that up to just being clever.

I imagine there is some kind of minor disturbance that lines etc. create which some people can pick up on in some subconscious way, the same way some have a stronger sense of direction which we now think comes from our feel for the magnetic pattern of the earth.

It's well documented many animal species can sense the magnetic field of the planet. I think this is some very mild form of the same thing, but it's so mild it is also subject to a fair amount of error.

I do find that rods work best, at least for mom and myself. She had a welder bend her two rods she keeps for it. Probably doesn't do it more than once in a few years or so, nothing serious.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Dowsing

I don't think it's magic or spiritual or anything like that but real science. We just don't know exactly what it is. Doesn't mean it's not real. Also may not be 100% reliable even among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I don't think it's magic or spiritual or anything like that but real science. We just don't know exactly what it is. Doesn't mean it's not real. Also may not be 100% reliable even among the best.
    It's there, it's just faint.

We know dogs can literally smell cancer. They are sensitive enough to pick up on those very faint differences in the odors a human body produces. We don't even know exactly what they are, and they are so faint it's not 100%, but there is a reason that it is better than random chance for a trained dog.

Bats and birds can geolocate thousands of miles of territory if needed. They have to be able to pick up on something, and it sure isn't geography markers. It has to be magnetism, gravity, etc. Whales and sea life do it as well, many many species, and we know that it's not 100% b/c sometimes a whale will lose track and get beached, etc.

Whether it's iron in our bodies reacting to magnetic fields or something else, some people just have a much better sense of direction than others, but it's so faint for us that if we are blinded it's still nearly impossible to steer a course. Clearly it works better in many other species.

I assume if a bat could hold the rods it would douse great, lol.

Wayel if we're going to throw non-humans into it...If you've ever taken a dog out on a leash and get aggravated because it walks in circles, maybe the dog has better awareness than a lot of us. Research has shown that the dog can feel out the magnetic north, and the great portion of dogs like to squat in the north/south direction when they poop. It's true, no crap.
    Last edited by IkeCat; 11-16-2023 at 12:34 AM.

Seems I turned this thread to sh^t...oh wayell
    Last edited by IkeCat; 11-19-2023 at 01:33 AM.

Seems like I turned this thread to sh^t

And for my next trick: I haven't has a haircut since before Covid (don't know how women put up with it). I decided to donate it to Lockes of Love for wigs for to make wigs for cancer patients, etc. My family is getting together Thursday and I texted all of them that there was going to be a special event this year, this morning when I woke I had ten texts waiting for, answered everyone in what I thought was an appropriate manner without telling them what the special event was. The special event is for my wife to put my hair into as many pony tails as possible and let the kids cut them off. And realize what it's all about. Being Thanksgiving day, I hope that they feel good about helping people in need of help.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Birds fly south, dogs point north, and other animal oddities.

Frontiers in Zoology

Thanks Ike. Dog lovers everywhere now know they have a compass on a leash
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-19-2023 at 06:12 AM.
    seeya
    dan

Afterall, after the last few seasons , ain't it time we had a thread about real dog poop rather than UK teams?