Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: WOW. Anybody here with peanut, peanut butter allergies or food intolerances?

WOW. Anybody here with peanut, peanut butter allergies or food intolerances?

I mean, besides me?

With well more than 50 years of eating peanuts and peanut butter, I was diagnosed with a tree nut allergy and peanut butter allergy and have not been able to eat peanuts or peanut butter for several years now. When I was working at home, I often had a lunch that was a small bowl of oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter stirred into it – and when I say often, I mean almost every day.

And then that ended.

Until recently.

Enter WOWBUTTER. WOW.

Anybody else ever have this? It is a peanut-free, soy-based product. It's not necessarily Jif or Skippy, but to me, it's like one of those natural peanut butters you can buy that may need to be stirred if the oil separates. My first jar never did, but after I opened it when it came in (Amazon order), I ate it quickly. The 2nd jar sat in the pantry for awhile, and it had separated a little, but a quick stir with my knife as I was making a peanut butter and banana sandwich, and it was great.

It spreads extremely well, it tastes great, has slightly more calories than peanut butter (200 versus 190 for the same quantity), and almost the same proteins, etc.

NOTE – I am not one of those soy type people. My daughter is a vegetarian and she eats those crappy soy burgers since Duff. I grilled them for her on the grill, and have tasted them, and they're just not good. I tried a Burger King Impossible Burger, and it wasn't good, but there burgers are good either, so maybe take that one with a grain of salt.

But this is different. The ingredients are "Whole Toasted Soy, Pressed Soy Oil, Cane Sugar, Palm Oil (Sustainable), See Salt. That's it. Nothing else. I don't know if it's the roasting/toasting, or what that does it but it is really, really good. I went through a jar (1.1 pounds) so quickly because I had not had it in such a long time it was such a treat. I'm slowing down now, but it still tastes great.

4.8 stars on Amazon. Comes with stickers if you have kids/grandkids that bring their lunch to school, and they are in one of those schools that prohibits peanuts or peanut butter, showing it is peanut free.

((Note--I can't eat sunflower butter, because I'm also allergic to sunflower seeds and sunflower oil. I'm also allergic to oatmeal. Now can you see why I'm so excited with this newly discovered find??)

Rupp's Runt

Re: WOW. Anybody here with peanut, peanut butter allergies or food intolerances?

I have several, thankfully peanut butter is not one of them at this time.

Re: WOW. Anybody here with peanut, peanut butter allergies or food intolerances?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I have several, thankfully peanut butter is not one of them at this time.
    You may be like me; just did not realize how much you ate peanut butter. I mean, I knew I had that tablespoon per day for lunch but I also didn't realize that occasionally I would just make a peanut butter and banana sandwich, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or grab a few crackers and have peanut butter and crackers, or pick up a pack of peanut butter crackers at a convenience store when I had skipped lunch and was hungry it 3 PM, etc. It actually was probably a good thing for me that I was diagnosed as allergic to it to make me think about how often I was actually eating it. I mean, in moderation it's a good food but I probably had it more than in moderation.

Rupp's Runt

When I was a kid. I was really picky. Peanut Butter was 70% of my diet, with some cheese and bread. I was this way until nearly a teenager. Dr. kept telling mom that I was as healthy as anyone.

Today, I still eat a lot of it. Not as intentionally. But between myself and two girls, I still eat several sandwiches. If not my own, I am finishing theirs.

I think peanut butter is generally a healthy food. More calories than *I* need to consume when I eat a lot of it (same with WOWBUTTER), but that's a separate matter.

Alcohol, then I find myself intolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

I get home today and the first thing I hear “always use more peanut butter than jelly because peanut butter is healthier than jelly”

My wife explaining this to my 6 year old making her own sandwich.

Seafood...ALL seafood. Gives me migraines. My wife was always convinced it was psychological so she tried to sneak it in. Stuff like egg rolls which has shrimp and anchovies. She finally realized it was psychosomatic. Heck, now she is the one who asks at restaurants that server fried fish if they use a separate fryer for the french fries or chick fingers.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Work

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Seafood...ALL seafood. Gives me migraines. My wife was always convinced it was psychological so she tried to sneak it in.
    Sugar for my wife. I sometimes think it is selective, but I do think it bothers her.

I'm also allergic to shellfish and a whole bunch of other things, but I was thrilled with WOW BUTTER to at least provide a worthy replacement for something I previously enjoyed. If you know anyone who is allergic to it or has a food intolerance to it, have them check it out. It's gold, man.

Rupp's Runt

Nomato is supposed to be a tomato / ketchup/ salsa etc replacement. I’ve never tried it. But thought about it. Now I just eat limited amounts and deal with the side effects.