Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Kentucky Volleyball pulls within 1/2 game of first in SEC

Kentucky Volleyball pulls within 1/2 game of first in SEC

Defeated previously undefeated Tennessee today in Knoxville, 3-0. Avenged UK's only conference loss as UK moved to 6-1.

Arkansas is now at 7-0, but noticeably, their schedule has been lopsided with 6 home games, and only 1 road contest.

Weird year. Florida is 4-3.

IMG_20231015_205125.jpg

Kentucky Volleyball pulls within 1/2 game of first in SEC

Actually a full game back, but I can't edit my title in the post on my phone...

Re: Kentucky Volleyball pulls within 1/2 game of first in SEC

They’re playing a lot better. Strung together several wins, and now a win over a good team AND a sweep.

Freshman Brooklyn DeLeye’s performance is a big part of the team improvement.

Yesterday was by far the best this team has played, in every part of the game. Offense was obviously excellent but defense was likewise vastly better. If they can play at that level with consistency they are a real threat to at least share SEC title and have a chance to go somewhere in the tourney. They looked really good.

Goetz was on fire. DeLeye is vicious from the backcourt. T is apparently able to play more now (Skinner protects her shoulder by not serving) and isn't wearing the brace during breaks, a great sign.

This weekend ought to tell us if this team is putting it together or just had a great game.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.