Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

SEC East is wide open!

Maybe Joker & Co. can take advantage?

So far our East brethren have been somewhat less than spectacular against out of conference foes:
    UT beat NCSU (8-5, 4-4 in the ACC last year) 35-21
    UGa beat Buffalo (3-9, 2-6 last year in the MAC) 45-23 after leading 24-16 at the half
    UF beat Bowling Green (5-7, 3-5 in the MAC) 27-14 after leading only 17-14 going into the fourth quarter.

Plus, neither SC or VU looked all that good against each other. Missouri is currently beating up on SE Louisiana, but they're 1-AA.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: SEC East is wide open!

Love your optimism, but the first game of the year against a nothing opponent for the teams mentioned does not indicate to me that the East is wide open. It is difficult to get a team UP to play a nobody in the first game of the season. The only surprise to me today was how well UT played. I hope UK can compete for the East title, but I also hope they win tomorrow afternoon, and that is as far as I am willing to look in this young season.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fair enough Dan. I don't really expect UK to realistically compete for the East title this year, and I know what you mean about these first games against inferior competition, but darn it I don't see anyone that isn't beatable. If we can stay healthy and are anywhere near as good as the coaches seem to think we are, who knows?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

And that is why I have hope for the season and look forward to each contest.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The West sure looks the best. If we can get a win tomorrow with the youg talent and gain confidence. Who knows

Rupp's Runt

The SEC East may be 'wide open', as you say, but you can go ahead and scratch Kentucky from the list of contenders. After watching this display of ineptitude today, I think we will be lucky if we win more than 3 games this season.