Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Author Quotes Then-Professor Obama Saying, 'I Don't Believe People Should Be Able To

Author Quotes Then-Professor Obama Saying, 'I Don't Believe People Should Be Able To

own guns'

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...-people-should

"Despite his assurance to Fox News that he understands the Second Amendment, it's a good bet that the positions Obama took on guns during his time at Chicago reveal his true convictions."

The chapter documents the actions that Obama has taken on guns, citing the following:

In 1996, Obama supported a ban on handguns
    In 1998, he supported a ban on the sale of all semi-automatic guns
    In 2004, he advocated banning gun sales within five miles of a school or park, which would have shut down nearly all gun stores
    Mr. Lott concludes the chapter, titled, "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered," writing, "Barack Obama is the most anti-gun president ever. That claim is based not on my own interactions with him back in the 1990's but on his own public record over many years."
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Author Quotes Then-Professor Obama Saying, 'I Don't Believe People Should Be Able

Not exactly news to anyone who has been paying attention to his record on this issue. Add his opposition to any concealed carry to it, which I suppose goes without saying since he opposes handguns in general.

He's absolutely the most anti-gun President in history, it's not close and it's not very disputable based on his record and statements, and the only reason he's not pushing a complete ban is he can't get it. that's why the opposition to "universal background checks", even the DOJ has said the only way to enforce it at all is with a registry, and that's what they REALLY want. That's the beginning of the end and both sides know it.

I esp. like the really sneaky ones like banning stores within 5 miles of a school or park. That would drive them all out of Lexington pretty much as well, much less any truly metropolitan area. How many people were killed in parks and schools b/c the gun store wasn't far enough away? Idiotic, but very effective in eliminating stores in urban areas.

People want the pro-gun side to be "reasonable" and have "common sense". Those are euphemisms for "ignore the real purpose of these political machinations". that's the nature of most politics, no good politician takes the title of the law as what it's supposed to do.