Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Ramaswammy Is Climbing in the Polls!

Fab Five

Ramaswammy Is Climbing in the Polls!

According to the Fox News Poll of likely Republican voters, Vivek places third with 11%. Two months ago he was at 5%! Some here a couple of months ago felt Ramaswammy wasn’t electable. He may be, but people seem to like the messaging. It’s still a long way to the Iowa caucusing. Vivek is working hard.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Ramaswammy Is Climbing in the Polls!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

Thanks, Dan. Vivek needs to put forward a plan to deal with the homeless crisis.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    According to the Fox News Poll of likely Republican voters, Vivek places third with 11%. Two months ago he was at 5%! Some here a couple of months ago felt Ramaswammy wasn’t electable. He may be, but people seem to like the messaging. It’s still a long way to the Iowa caucusing. Vivek is working hard.
    Vs JRB Ware....anybody is electable
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Vs JRB Ware....anybody is electable
    I hope.
    Real Fan since 1958

I think whoever wins the republican primary will be facing Michelle Obama. Joe Biden is undetectable and the democrats know it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    I think whoever wins the republican primary will be facing Michelle Obama. Joe Biden is undetectable and the democrats know it.
    she will have to fight Gavin for it I think.

I like Vivek. I am still a Desantis guy.

There is still a massive Populist sentiment among voters. Trump and Sanders are both beneficiaries of it, and Vivek can be as well. People are sick of the Establishment. If he can tap into that he can make some waves. His problem is among GOP voters that movement is pretty solidly behind Trump right now.

Most don't even like the guy, they just desperately want a voice and feel Trump will give them one. if they feel Vivek can do that, he may make inroads.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

CBBN, from what I have been reading and hearing, he is pushing all the right buttons and saying most of the right things except his comments about Trump's decision to not join in the 1st primary debate.

Most don't even like the guy, they just desperately want a voice and feel Trump will give them one

As dumb as it may be on my part, I would vote for him again, regardless of his demorat opponent, if I thought he could win. I just feel that the liberal, communist machine will be able to
    weasel enough honest and dishonest votes if he is the Republican candidate to be declared the winner.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-21-2023 at 11:47 AM.
    seeya
    dan

Given a choice between him and anyone in the Democratic field I'm sure most all Republicants will still vote for him, regardless of personal distaste simply b/c of the obvious issues with the alternative. Most of his policies while POTUS were not an issue. His issues are personal. He's a complete ass, and a long distance phone call past mature. It makes him all but unelectable in a general race, but also he cannot effectively govern b/c he's too busy being a child and in response everyone else who hates his guts is just as childish.

I also think he's delusional, whereas Biden is mentally stunted at this point. I guess delusions of grandeur beat being Walter Mitty, but it's a close race.

He needs to do as most other Presidents have done and move more into the role of king maker and statesman, but among more Populist Presidents this seems to be more the norm. Teddy Roosevelt comes to mind and the Bull Moose party.

This country is in a desperate situation. Normally I would never vote for a person like Trump, but we just elected a man with obvious mental deficiencies as POTUS, and one who is hell bent on selling this country out in just about every way possible in the name of a failed Leftist ideology. I don't know what other options we have if that is the outcome of the primaries. Becoming an ex-pat is probably the next best option.

HIstorically I would say this is one of the lowest, if not the lowest point of American politics since the 1850s, and we all know how the 1860s went afterward. Its probably no coincidence that the current leading candidates for POTUS on both sides reflect some of the worst aspects of the current situation.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Not any more.

Rupp's Runt

I didn't finish it, but he was definitely under attack.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I didn't finish it, but he was definitely under attack.
    Under attack. Battled back. Scored some points. He destroyed Christie in his rebuttal on the Trump comments. Christie even hung his head. The former governor of SC was surprisingly good. I believe those two will survive another few rounds. Hutchinson, Scott and Christie need to give it up
    Real Fan since 1958

I really enjoy the sport of election cycles so forgive me for commenting here. I won't be voting in the Republican primary so have very little skin in the game outside of who eventually is the nominee and runs for President.

Vivek, to me, is running in the Trump lane just in case something happens to Trump. I am sure he would love to be VP but Trump isn't doing that. If Trump goes to prison, Vivek could likely get much of that base. He came across as smug to me. But, I'm not his target. I am guessing Trump's base loved him last night.

Desantis had a fine night. He was solid. But he needs a home run at this point because his support has faded. He reminds me so much of where Rubio stood in 2016 (Not experience wise - he has executive experience as Governor of Florida and many conservatives like what he did there). What I mean is that in 2016, Rubio went in as one of the favorites and just came across as robotic. And he refused to attack Trump. And then, once he was flailing and desperate....he went after Trump when it was too late.

Haley was great last night from a campaign standpoint. She had a great night and will get a small bump. The problem is I just don't think it is enough. Can she consolidate enough of the "other" votes to actually matter?
    She is without a doubt the candidate I would be most scared to run against. She's smart. She's strong. And she would bring back many of the suburban moms that Trump lost in 2020 (and will lose again in 2024). She is far and away the best general election candidate imo.

Pence had a pretty good night as well. But he has no chance to be the nominee imo. Trump's most loyal will never vote for him. He is likely going to stay in long enough to hurt Haley's chances of having a shot.

Trump was the real winner last night. And Biden. Nothing changed as far as who would be the likley nominee. Just my two cents....but if I were a Republican I would be praying every day Trump goes to prison before the election (he won't). That is the best chance of Republicans have of winning in 2024. I think a few of the other nominees could beat Biden (Haley, Scott, maybe Desantis). Trump is the only one who will bring out enough Dem voters to matter. The Trump vote is strong. The anti-Trump vote is massive.
    ~Puma~

Can't disagree with any of that Puma.

I'm a Republican (b/c the Libertarians don't have many things you can vote in is about the only reason why), but I'm praying Trump is in jail or whatever it takes for him to not be the nominee. Win or lose (he will likely lose of course), it's going to be just more ugly and over the top awful.

Haley is I agree the best candidate. Smart, broad appeal, articulate. I like Tim Scott but he doesn't have the presence for this kind of race yet. I'm fine with DeSantis but he has been weaker so far than I expected, not having that presence on the stage. Haley has it.

Maybe she'll be Trump's VP and then he can eek out a win (pompous asshat versus senile moron bordering on pompous anyone?) and then go to jail and then she can be POTUS.

This really will be arguably the worst Presidential election in US history on the basis of the quality of the candidates. I'll have to go back and look to be fair at that wasteland of races from the 1870s through the 1890s, but barring one of those persuading me, like arguably Millard Filmore, I think this has to be the worst. Filmore was nondescript, but not a moron or an asshat.

FWIW I don't call Trump a "felon" here b/c a) he has to be convicted, and b) Biden and his family operation should be in a cell right next to him. They should both be felons, so that's a moot point in the race, which underscores how bad this election is for choices.

Rupp's Runt

Haley has been one of my favorites for a long time.

Other than that, I don't love any of them. DeSantis is probably next for me. Maybe Vivek. I'd like to the see the North Dakota guy get more air time.

As Mick said, Hutchinson, Scott and Christie don't stand a chance. I'll throw Pence in there as well, MAGA folks are not voting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    I really enjoy the sport of election cycles so forgive me for commenting here. I won't be voting in the Republican primary so have very little skin in the game outside of who eventually is the nominee and runs for President.

Vivek, to me, is running in the Trump lane just in case something happens to Trump. I am sure he would love to be VP but Trump isn't doing that. If Trump goes to prison, Vivek could likely get much of that base. He came across as smug to me. But, I'm not his target. I am guessing Trump's base loved him last night.

Desantis had a fine night. He was solid. But he needs a home run at this point because his support has faded. He reminds me so much of where Rubio stood in 2016 (Not experience wise - he has executive experience as Governor of Florida and many conservatives like what he did there). What I mean is that in 2016, Rubio went in as one of the favorites and just came across as robotic. And he refused to attack Trump. And then, once he was flailing and desperate....he went after Trump when it was too late.

Haley was great last night from a campaign standpoint. She had a great night and will get a small bump. The problem is I just don't think it is enough. Can she consolidate enough of the "other" votes to actually matter?
    She is without a doubt the candidate I would be most scared to run against. She's smart. She's strong. And she would bring back many of the suburban moms that Trump lost in 2020 (and will lose again in 2024). She is far and away the best general election candidate imo.

Pence had a pretty good night as well. But he has no chance to be the nominee imo. Trump's most loyal will never vote for him. He is likely going to stay in long enough to hurt Haley's chances of having a shot.

Trump was the real winner last night. And Biden. Nothing changed as far as who would be the likley nominee. Just my two cents....but if I were a Republican I would be praying every day Trump goes to prison before the election (he won't). That is the best chance of Republicans have of winning in 2024. I think a few of the other nominees could beat Biden (Haley, Scott, maybe Desantis). Trump is the only one who will bring out enough Dem voters to matter. The Trump vote is strong. The anti-Trump vote is massive.
    Good thoughts Puma. I don't think Biden will be the nominee, he is a nightmare and can barely complete a sentence. I believe Michelle will run and win her party if so. I like Vivek for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Not any more.
    I agree, his effort was anemic at best. Came off like a smart a$$ kid and did not present himself or his ideas well at all IMO. I was disappointed. I thought Bergum was solid and in control of his responses, and Haley had a strong showing as well. She would be a tough customer in a 1 on 1 debate. I was not surprised nor impressed with any of the rest.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

This really will be arguably the worst Presidential election in US history on the basis of the quality of the candidates.
    If I lived in another country and saw those two as the two choices I would simply wonder, "WTF???".
    ~Puma~

If I lived in another country and saw those two as the two choices I would simply wonder, "WTF???".
    It's proof our current incarnation of democracy has failed IMO. Seriously. There are likely many MILLIONS of Americans who would be better as President than either of the two men who are likely to be the nominees.

I think if someone coming from somewhere that had never heard of democracy landed here and saw this, they would presume we were just backwater primitives who hadn't figured out how to govern yet.

I do hope the aliens who are visiting our planet realize we're too backward and dumb to be a threat, and no challenge to eradicate. I'm hoping Southpark guessed right and they're just recording us for a TV reality show being shown on some other planet.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    She would be a tough customer in a 1 on 1 debate.
    I'd pay to see her debate Kamala

I'd pay to see her debate Kamala
    Her debating Kamala or Biden gives me the shivers.

Trump is fine for Biden because he is so unorthodox and a bully. That appeals to his base but not to the people he has to reach in order to actually win a general election.

I remember watching the debates in 2020 and thinking that was the best I had seen Biden look in a long time. I swear they shot him full of cocaine or adderall or both. Trump probably did as well since they are both basically 80.

But, to an independent, Biden looked like the best of the worst because he seemed sane and normal. Like your really really old grandpa.

But put Haley up against him and it would be a disaster.
    ~Puma~

Rupp's Runt

Her debating Kamala or Biden gives me the shivers.

Trump is fine for Biden because he is so unorthodox and a bully. That appeals to his base but not to the people he has to reach in order to actually win a general election.

I remember watching the debates in 2020 and thinking that was the best I had seen Biden look in a long time. I swear they shot him full of cocaine or adderall or both. Trump probably did as well since they are both basically 80.

But, to an independent, Biden looked like the best of the worst because he seemed sane and normal. Like your really really old grandpa.

But put Haley up against him and it would be a disaster.
    Agree.

Sadly, I've seen Trump break down a few things in detail before. And he was really good when doing so. Why he doesn't do that more I'll never know. Well, I do know...but he should stick to it. And not the theater stuff.

Agree.

Sadly, I've seen Trump break down a few things in detail before. And he was really good when doing so. Why he doesn't do that more I'll never know. Well, I do know...but he should stick to it. And not the theater stuff.
    Trump can be persuasive on some issues when he wants to be. It's just that he wants to be an ego-maniacal ass more than he wants to win you over.

Agree.

I watched his conversation with Carlson and he expressed some really insightful thoughts on several different domestic issues as well as international issues. He actually limited his Biden crime family, Georgia vote stealing comments and his thoughts on a couple of the folks on the stage. It appeared to me as if he made a real effort to limit the ass hat comments. He did not eliminate them, but there were noticeably fewer of them than there have been of late.
    seeya
    dan