Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Another soccer post...sort of

Rupp's Runt

Another soccer post...sort of

Nonpolitical of course

Thinking about getting my girl some shin guards to wear under her pants when pitching. Needs to be something she can put on and take off pretty quickly. Are all soccer shin guards the same?

Wondering if I should make a run to Dick's or Academy to try some on instead of ordering.

Re: Another soccer post...sort of

No, shin guards are pretty different. They're different on size, width, length, weight, etc. At least, for soccer they are. Also different on how they "affix" to the shin--by pressure of the sock, with elastic straps, etc. Don't ask me for any specific guidance; I have none, just thought I'd answer your specific question. Back when my son played soccer when he was a "kids soccer" player I took him to a soccer shop for shin guards and they told me what to get him. (He's now in his 5th year of college soccer; he's been out of the "Dad buys equipment" world for a long time now and I'm pretty useless.)

I've been out of the softball world so long (more than two decades), but do they make softball shin guards? I mean, for position players or pitchers?

Rupp's Runt

Re: Another soccer post...sort of

I know they make them for batters. Have not seen any pitcher specific ones. Most of the batter guards have the foot ankle protection. I feel like that would be annoying for a pitcher? I guess we will make a trip to Bowling Green or Owensboro soon and try some on. As stated in the other thread, I know absolutely nothing about soccer.

She is also short, which makes it hard sometimes. Especially in ordering something.