Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay Cool My Friend’s

Stay Cool My Friend’s

Driving this afternoon…

Stay in the shade, and hydrated, it’s brutal out there today. Heat index pushing 108-110.

What’s it like out your front door today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Stay Cool My Friend’s

Currently 90, with heat index 98. Hot enough. Muggy, too. Fortunately, had a brief rainstorm that cooled things off temporarily.

Fab Five

Only the humidity is worse than the heat. Dew points of 73 at 7 am. I can't get out early enough to exercise.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

About lost my dad a couple of weeks back in that last hot spell. He is fine now.

We played in a tournament yesterday. It was muggy and horrible. But praise the Lord, it was mostly cloudy.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

I went for a run yesterday at 11. Thought that was early enough. Ran at the Oak Mountain Intermediate School track, no shade. 92°. Was not a great idea. Just took it easy when I realized how hot it was.

In 1940 Kentucky had nearly 1 million more residents than Florida. By 1950 KY had only 200,000 more, and in 1960 FL had nearly 2 million more.

http://www.stats.indiana.edu/populat...nts_states.asp

Air conditioning's a heckuva thing.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    In 1940 Kentucky had nearly 1 million more residents than Florida. By 1950 KY had only 200,000 more, and in 1960 FL had nearly 2 million more.

http://www.stats.indiana.edu/populat...nts_states.asp

Air conditioning's a heckuva thing.
    God Bless Mr. Willis Haviland Carrier...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

We’re getting a bit of a reprieve from the heat and humidity over the next couple of days, temps in mid 80’s and dew points in the low 50’s

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Stay Cool My Friend’s

My son set a personal best one mile run yesterday. He's a 6'4 strong center back, and speed has never been his forte, but he has worked his rear off this summer for his last season of college ball.

He waited til 8pm last night to run. It was 105° heat index in Jackson at the time.

This morning stepped out to run at 10 a.m. Heat index was 108. I came back inside.

Yesterday heat index hit 119. Those numbers are absurd. Going for a slow jog in 10 minutes, and heat index finally under 100.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

8:30am...heat index is 100°.

Relief's coming, at least here in the Commonwealth. High of 73 tomorrow, 78 Wednesday.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Hopefully we are past the point of needing the bucket fan (see Ryobi thread), one less thing for me to keep up with.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

Treadmill in garage for my afternoon. I don't have a choice.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

Relief's coming, at least here in the Commonwealth. High of 73 tomorrow, 78 Wednesday.
    Until next Monday

Mid 90’s next week

Stay Cool My Friend’s

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Mid 90’s next week
    Some talk of approaching the C mark without the index.

Bombino

It is 93 here today and we, like many apartments in the area, don't have Air Conditioning. Needless to say, it will be a hot one.

Pedro, check out the link to a home made swamp cooler. It will not take the place of a 3 ton AC unit, but it may make being in your apartment more liveable

How to build a swamp cooler.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    It is 93 here today and we, like many apartments in the area, don't have Air Conditioning. Needless to say, it will be a hot one.
    Not allowed to have a window unit either?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Some talk of approaching the C mark without the index.
    8-17-23.jpg

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Pedro, check out the link to a home made swamp cooler. It will not take the place of a 3 ton AC unit, but it may make being in your apartment more liveable

How to build a swamp cooler.
    Just sent that link to the wife since she is at home today. Anything to help her cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Not allowed to have a window unit either?
    Nope, our landlord's property insurance company forbids them for liability reasons. We can have the in-the-room ones with the tube that goes to the window but everyone we tried has tripped the breaker (our apartment is pretty old, so things are spec'd for modern electrical demands).

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Just sent that link to the wife since she is at home today. Anything to help her cool down.

Nope, our landlord's property insurance company forbids them for liability reasons. We can have the in-the-room ones with the tube that goes to the window but everyone we tried has tripped the breaker (our apartment is pretty old, so things are spec'd for modern electrical demands).
    I'd be better off with no heater

Similar to Dan's, I did this once when my tractor's AC was out. It still stayed miserably hot in there, but it allowed me to stay in the tractor. Without it, about 15 minutes was all I could do. I only had room for a small cooler and USB fan. I'd say either option on a larger scale would do well in a room. I'm not afraid to say a tractor will push 200 degrees inside of it without AC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS2YaJkkHQY

Oh, I used ice packs to save on the mess.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

Oh good, they backed off a bit, 95 is better than 100.

^True, but I bet the heat index will still make it something to watch.

Apple weather app on my phone says 100° on Thursday and 99° Friday
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Stay Cool My Friend’s

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Apple weather app on my phone says 100° on Thursday and 99° Friday
    I got 98/ 99 on mine, Thursday looks to be brutal.

My son is in Jackson, MS. Heat is brutal there, will be over 100 degrees actual temperature for days, and it's very humid. Wednesday 104, Thursday 104. They typically have 3 practices a day for a week, then drop to 2. They are only doing 2 right now, one at 6 a.m. and one at 6 p.m. to avoid the worst heat of the day.

They have an exhibition game tomorrow at 5 p.m. I'm going to see, and I feel like that's brutal for me as a spectator!

Currently 89 in BG with a feels like of 98. I started my swamp cooler in the garage at 6:30 this morning, instead of running the window AC, as I have some work to do on my lawn mower, and it is currently holding at 78.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.