Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Kentucky football # 101 in nation this year, says USA Today

Kentucky football # 101 in nation this year, says USA Today

Can't disagree.

Good read here.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2381255

Re: Kentucky football # 101 in nation this year, says USA Today

Top 5 programs being hurt by UK's football recruiting, it says?

1. Nebraska
    2. Louisville
    3. Cincinnati
    4. Tennessee
    5. Mississippi State

By the way....be sure and read the article. It is very complimentary, just realistic as to where Kentucky is this year.

Where they are going, they are very high on.

"Stoops knows defense and Brown knows offense. UK is clearly on the right track, in other words."

That is an excellent read. Thanks very much for the link!

In the looking for bright spots department..............

One of the bonuses to Dupree's move down to end â?? beyond the fact that he'll do well with his hand down permanently â?? is that it opens up a role for promising sophomore Khalid Henderson (26 tackles), the understudy on the weak side a season ago. Though young, Henderson has taken on a vocal role since spring drills; he played in a similar system in high school, making him a valuable question-and-answer tool for linebackers like senior Avery Williamson (135 tackles), the returning starter in the middle and one of the most underappreciated defenders in the Southeast. My question, because I'm hazy: Will Henderson line up on the weak side and junior Miles Simpson (70 tackles) on the strong, or do I have that reversed? UK obviously thinks highly enough of backups like Pancho Thomas and Josh Forrest to have not signed one linebacker recruit in February.

I am so happy that the defense will play 4 down and 3 up.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Sounds about right to me. Good read.

Quote Originally Posted by truecatsfan View Post
    Sounds about right to me. Good read.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Top 5 programs being hurt by UK's football recruiting, it says?

1. Nebraska
    2. Louisville
    3. Cincinnati
    4. Tennessee
    5. Mississippi State
    I hope (and believe) that someday soon this list will read:

1. Ohio State
    2. Michigan
    3. Penn State
    4. Tennessee
    5. Nebraska

What I want is for Ohio State to be most hampered by us stealing all the recruits out of their stomping grounds. Well, after Gordon Gee's comments what I really want is for the entire institution of ~*THE*~ Ohio State University to be burned to the Earth and the ashes defiled by a miasma of filth left over from a celebratory orgy so heinous that Dionysius himself would turn away in revolt, but stealing their recruits is good too.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

I agree, but for now--that's a pretty good list.

Let Stoops do his magic. We'll see how it works out. I have to believe he will be highly successful if he's here a few years (hopefully longer than just a few, too.)

As for the article itself, seems like a spot-on take. The sky's the limit for Stoops here, but there's not much fuel left over for him to put in the jet right now. It's gonna take time.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I agree, but for now--that's a pretty good list.
    Yes. Certainly better than where we were before:

1. Kent State
    2. Central Florida
    3. Miami (OH)
    4. Troy
    5. Georgia State

Well, you get my point. But even just going up against the big boys is a new direction for the program. Funny how "not giving up before you've even started" is working out.

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    Yes. Certainly better than where we were before:

1. Kent State
    2. Central Florida
    3. Miami (OH)
    4. Troy
    5. Georgia State

Well, you get my point. But even just going up against the big boys is a new direction for the program. Funny how "not giving up before you've even started" is working out.
    No doubt.

But I'm 100% with you on Gee and tOSU. My wife saw his picture on the internet, and said, "what a cute old man." She thought he was like 95. I told her he was 69, and a jackass and an idiot, then played some of his comments.

He's no longer cute. Not even old.

As far as I'm concerned, I have a continuing rooting interest against them now for any game. That's always pretty cool; I enjoy finding reasons to root for and against teams anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    I hope (and believe) that someday soon this list will read:

1. Ohio State
    2. Michigan
    3. Penn State
    4. Tennessee
    5. Nebraska

What I want is for Ohio State to be most hampered by us stealing all the recruits out of their stomping grounds. Well, after Gordon Gee's comments what I really want is for the entire institution of ~*THE*~ Ohio State University to be burned to the Earth and the ashes defiled by a miasma of filth left over from a celebratory orgy so heinous that Dionysius himself would turn away in revolt, but stealing their recruits is good too.
    I want to party with this man!

You can't really blame them (or anyone) for putting UK at #101, but there are only 120-something Division 1-A teams. Somewhere in the mid-60's is probably a whole lot more accurate place to start.
    changing my signature to change our luck.