Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Rand Paul’s “desire for amateurism”?

Rand Paul’s “desire for amateurism”?

He’s expressed it badly and is getting clobbered. Altho “we used to root for Cliff and Frank because they were the western KY guys” is preboomer, greatest generation nostalgia and ignores how soon money was a part of college sports.

How would a “non racist way” of expressing a wish to return to an amateur sports ethic sound? Is there anything to return to, considering the points shaving scandal’s highlighting the schools and gamblers and MSG making money but the players too broke to wash their clothes?

I’m watching college volleyball and softball these days. Local high school football, basketball and wrestling. I guess that is one way I deal.

I don’t think there is a way to “return” to something that hadn’t existed for a long time. And the various interests in keeping athletes unpaid and needy, political, commercial, NCAA member institutions money, gamblers, Rand Paul should take a step back with his nostalgia.

Re: Rand Paul’s “desire for amateurism”?

I have given up on trying to be non-racist, or woke because regardless of what you do, if you are conservative, you are defined as a racist. Hell, when Abe Lincoln is labelled as such because there is a statue of him with a kneeling slave, and Margaret Sanger is hailed as a hero for starting Planned Parenthood, then I know it is a hopeless endeavor.

Me, I want to return to the days when I didn't look at a the crotch of a female swimmer or diver to see if she had a "bulge". Ah, the good old days when it was ONLY the East Germans who had swimmers with rudders.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.