Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: OK...is this a good product, or just silly?

OK...is this a good product, or just silly?

Hat with Bump Cap Insert, Baseball, Black, Fits Hat Size One Size Fits Most

Anybody ever used one? I can see it being handy crawling around in attic spaces, working underneath sinks, cabinets, etc. maybe. Never knew there was a market for it.

Or is there?

https://www.grainger.com/product/785...3nrvexxYSOT1Fg

Rupp's Runt

Re: OK...is this a good product, or just silly?

I can't wear caps to work, but I've hit my head on a million desks over the years. I can see a need for one.

Any chance to protect the old skullpot while in an attic, basement or crawlspace is never a bad thing. Working on the truck. Arguing with Grammy. I can see lots of need for that.

Hit my head so hard in my mom and dad's basement on a main wasteline by raising up underneath of it I (1) got a concussion and (2) Daddy had a headache for three days...
    But seriously, I did get my bell rung enough that I had a "mild" concussion.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I have a customer that is a large metal stamping facility that provides parts to the automotive industry. Not that it matters but they supply parts to Toyota, Subaru, and Honda…

Bump hats are mandatory while on the production floor in their facility, which includes their customers, suppliers (me) contractors, or any others who visit.

I have one in my car that I don when I’m in their building. It always baffled me why, as there are no low hanging equipment, catwalks or parts flying around the place. I get it that safety glasses, earplugs, safety yellow vests, and protective sleeves and gloves are required PPE, but not the bump caps.

Typically when an item is added to a companies PPE policy it’s because there was an injury that cost them a lot of money… somebody obviously got hit in the noggin for them to require the bump cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Wow, I had no idea this was a common kinda thing. My knee-jerk was that I could see a use for it, then I wondered if I was just being silly. That's really good to know. I may pick one up for me, even though my uses are more limited, I will definitely bump my noggin on occasion. Thanks all for the "heads up!"

Very handy if you're working around electricity, non conductive, a lot of electricians use them. Plus they are lighter and less bulky than a hard hat.
    Last edited by IkeCat; 07-10-2023 at 01:01 AM.

Rupp's Runt

I can see where there could be several uses for it. Especially, as Pappy said, in an argument with Grammy, or the wife, or whoever.

Reminds me of the cover forms that we used to put inside our soft covers (BDU uniform caps) when I was in the Army, except those forms were just that, to keep your soft cover looking squared away while you were wearing it. Nobody wants to look like a ragbag while in uniform, at least if you care about your personal uniform appearance.
    MOLON LABE!