Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryobi

Re: Ryobi

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Citizen, I use the impact wrench strictly for mechanic work, I have an air compressor with air impact wrenches, but I use the battery powered one way more than the others. It's just so handy. I carry it in my truck in case of a flat. It makes quick work of a tire changing job.
    You're using it for the actual purpose of one though. that makes sense to me. Basically a battery powered air tool.

What I see it being used for that is not a good fit is as a substitute for a variable speed drill/driver for driving a screw. It is awful at that job, but people will still hand me one for it.

Ideally one would have both readily available, but as I drive many more screws than I do change tires, if I have to have one I want the drill/driver. The torque on my dewalt is pretty good even for a lug nut, though not as good as their impact driver.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Dan, I love old appliances. They are slightly less efficient and vastly simpler so they run forever. Which in the long run is still very efficient versus having to make and buy and dispose of one every few years isn't it?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Absolutely!