Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Kentucky Sports Report new Threads account

Kentucky Sports Report new Threads account

https://www.threads.net/@ksr_wildcatchat

It's the new Instagram featured alternative to Twitter. I could be wrong, but I think it will be the place to be very soon. Today is day one. If you are a Twitter user, consider going ahead and getting your Instagram Threads account now and following us.

It already has some neat features like 500 character limits that I expect will be popular.

5 million new sign ups in the first 4 hours.

Think Twitter has 400 million, but that's a great start. Instagram has 4x the number of monthly users as Twitter, so I don't think it will take long to pass Twitter as the go-to app in this area.

Now 6 million. And after midnight ET. And Europe not opened up yet.

Re: Kentucky Sports Report new Threads account

30 million signups overnight.

Post from Darren Rovell when it was only 10 million users:

​T​​ime it took to reach 10 million users

Threads: 7 Hours
    Google+: 16 Days
    ChatGPT: 40 Days
    Clubhouse: 347 Days
    Instagram: 355 Days
    Twitter: 780 Days
    Facebook: 852 Days

I will not support Meta and disagree with why most left Twitter. So, I plan to support the site I believe has the best message and stay with Twitter so will not give Meta my time.

IT may be moot if Elon can prove what he is saying about intellectual property development at Meta.

Just going with what works. I use them more than they use me.

I'd rather Twitter return to the fedeverse, allowing 3rd party apps that are far superior to the Twitter app, keep Tweetdeck available and discontinue the tweet view limits, which render it impotent to my needs. And if Threads doesn't provide the same things that Twitter used to provide, I have no reason to change. Not burning any bridges, and no brand loyalty for me. Just going to use what works.

I acknowledge others have more limited needs and can get by with what is available. I can't. If it is provided elsewhere, that's where I'm going.

If.

This morning Threads was up to 70 million users. But if they don't provide the basics that are now missing at Twitter, power users won't stand for it, including me.

Not going to return to govt censored social media

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Not going to return to govt censored social media
    Ditto
    Real Fan since 1958

Appreciate those who don't want to follow because of political beliefs. This isn't a political post. If you want to follow, follow. If you don't, don't. It's just a courtesy to you who want to follow and nothing more.

Thanks.