Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Seattle’s decline

Seattle’s decline

https://komonews.com/news/local/seat...ry-frustrated#

I have recommended the “seattle is dying” videos before as well.

Re: Seattle’s decline

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    https://komonews.com/news/local/seat...ry-frustrated#

I have recommended the “seattle is dying” videos before as well.
    The city council needs to go," Graf added. "These people have made these decisions that make life on the street easy for the mentally ill and drug addicted and has led to this woman’s murder.

You know as well as I do, the city doesn’t have a homelessness problem, it has a drug problem. And If you add up all the money we've spent on drugs and homeless that we have in the last couple of years, we could have built at least 1 and maybe 2 mandatory drug rehab facilities.

Both quotes dead on right. This is a drug and mental illness problem, and we are surrendering our cities to these people rather than standing up for law abiding, contributing people. It's absolute insanity.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Seattle is trying to "out progressive" San Francisco and is seeing incredibly similar results.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The city council needs to go," Graf added. "These people have made these decisions that make life on the street easy for the mentally ill and drug addicted and has led to this woman’s murder.

You know as well as I do, the city doesn’t have a homelessness problem, it has a drug problem. And If you add up all the money we've spent on drugs and homeless that we have in the last couple of years, we could have built at least 1 and maybe 2 mandatory drug rehab facilities.

Both quotes dead on right. This is a drug and mental illness problem, and we are surrendering our cities to these people rather than standing up for law abiding, contributing people. It's absolute insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Seattle is trying to "out progressive" San Francisco and is seeing incredibly similar results.
    It defies all logic, intelligence and common sense. How does anyone look at the homeless situation and the crime situation and think the solution is to hand out free needles, reduce police presence, stop prosecuting everything from theft to drug possession?

How do they think it will turn out when you turn your parks over to the drug addicted and insane?

These "leaders", including some in every city of Lexington's size or bigger, are turning our public spaces into a giant open air mental ward and drug market and then they are surprised when businesses close and people sell and leave?

I don't know a polite way to put it. You have to be a complete idiot to think these are good ideas. They will only increase the number of addicts and lunatics walking your streets, and I don't care how liberal you think you are you won't live in those areas when you are stepping over addicts and their trash and seeing your neighbors or yourself being accosted and even assaulted. You'll pack up your condescension and smugness in your electric car and move to some other place.

What we need is MANDATORY facilities for treatment of addiction and insanity. You get arrested, you go to court, the judge orders you into a program. Doesn't have to be jail, but you go in and you don't get out till you're clean and if you're insane then you may be a ward of the state the rest of your days.

That would be the liberal, "progressive", humane thing to do for these people. Us all moving to gated communities and hiring private security and leaving them to roam the streets like zombies is not the answer, nor is it the moral thing to do.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

PS Killer is a felon already. It was illegal for him to posses a gun. It was illegal to sell him a gun. It was illegal for him to be a violent felon living on the street.

Neither gun laws nor “more affordable housing in dense clusters” would prevent this.

Locking up felons, banning street camping, zero tolerance for public drug use, urination, defecation, rampages. Clean it all up.

Oh, and if you steal stuff you get arrested, and if they have security there maybe you get shot by the owner. That would cut down the theft really fast.

PS Killer is a felon already. It was illegal for him to posses a gun. It was illegal to sell him a gun. It was illegal for him to be a violent felon living on the street.

Neither gun laws nor “more affordable housing in dense clusters” would prevent this.

Locking up felons, banning street camping, zero tolerance for public drug use, urination, defecation, rampages. Clean it all up.
    Yep.

Does that make us both racist, sexist homophobes, that we want to actually enforce laws and such?

“All the hate for homeless” one person said. So yes, enforcing theft laws and the other laws I mentioned etc is racist and hateful.

“All the hate for homeless” one person said. So yes, enforcing theft laws and the other laws I mentioned etc is racist and hateful.
    I know that you know that the racist description has nothing to do with the homeless as they come in all colors and ethnicities, but it amazes me when supposedly educated, intelligent government officials at all levels, tv news reporters, housewives and businessmen in the on the street comment blurbs on the news, all use the word racist completely out of context when searching for adjectives to describe the homeless. They on the other hand refuse to us the words, dope head, junky, thief, bum, sicko, crazy, insane, lazy, etc.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Portland did not want to be left behind.............

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Many thoughts here but would ramble so just a couple.
    1st did this lady vote for the city council members and support this democratic direction.
    And secondly does it really matter if this guy was a felon and could not legally own a gun. Criminals will find a means to secure the tools of their trade.

Well yes it does matter that gun laws aimed at lawful owners are being proposed almost daily, and lawful gun owners attacked, and yet this guy, a felon, is let go to commit more violent crimes and easily finds an illegal weapon. If we enforced and prosecuted and punished the laws we have, we would not have to propose new laws. We would have some statistics that many would be uncomfortable, but we need to put away the people who commit the crimes.

Totally agree that criminals need to be dealt with and in many cases harshly like the death penalty.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Portland is upping the ante.

Free fentanyl suicide gear
    seeya
    dan