Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: John Tyler has disappeared

John Tyler has disappeared

Tenth president. Last Whig president. Stood up to Henry Clay. “The Accidental President” who took over for Wm Henry Harrison. Virginia has erased him. Took his name off the community college. Took his name off the a highway.

Tenth president. The third and First are next

Re: John Tyler has disappeared

I have read all the internet stories I can find in a half hour search and while there are several reports about renaming the different community schools, none of the articles report reasons for the renaming. Two things I can think of is that he supported states rights and that included the right of the state to allow or abolish slavery in their individual state and he supported the confederacy when they formed their alliance.

bigsky, do you have any info that I am not finding?

Thanks
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

He owned slaves and set them free at his death.

That is the new woke test soon to be applied to the greatest of our presidents and founding fathers.

They also eliminated Tippecanoe (and Tyler too, you understand) street and “way”.

Erasing history

According to the college’s website, Tyler broke ties with the United States and joined the Confederacy in 1860. He owned many enslaved people and supported slavery in his political life. He served as Virginia’s governor, a delegate in Virginia’s state legislature, and a member of both chambers of Congress.

He is the only U.S. president to be buried and honored ceremoniously under a non-U.S. flag. The website states he was buried with the Confederate flag.

So if you are counting, he was a legislator, Governor, Congressman, Senator, Vice President, and President. He died at the start of the Civil War and was buried in the state he served his whole life, which at the time was a Confederate state.

I don’t know what Wm Henry Harrison did, but ole Tippecanoe is canceled on campus too.

Well, the stonework in the mall dedicated to those two will be difficult to remove
    seeya
    dan

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Tenth president. Last Whig president. Stood up to Henry Clay. “The Accidental President” who took over for Wm Henry Harrison. Virginia has erased him. Took his name off the community college. Took his name off the a highway.

Tenth president. The third and First are next
    Yes his vetoes of Clay’s legislation caused the Whigs to coalesce around Clay enabling Clay to become the undisputed leader of the Whig Party. Tyler may have been the worst president of the 19th Century, one which produced many inept leaders.

That said the woke culture is out of control. They demonstrate a shallow understanding of the history of our great nation.
    Real Fan since 1958

I don’t know what Wm Henry Harrison did, but ole Tippecanoe is canceled on campus too.
    Well he "swindled" several Indian tribes out of approximately 51,000,000 acres via use of firewater to influence the bargaining ability of the tribal chiefs in the name of the USA thru legal treaties, supported the practice of slavery in the Northwest Territories AND he purportedly fathered 4 half breed children with a female slave of his. There is no historical mention of his paying any reparations to his 4 bastard children.
    seeya
    dan