Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Hello - asking about Yellowstone

Hello - asking about Yellowstone

Hi everyone- I’m taking a vacation the week after the 4th of July. (First time I’ve been off for more than 2 days in over 2 years). Alec (my son) is visiting me (I have not seen him in 3 years!!) I thought we could take a quick trip to Yellowstone and see if a few things (I’m about 5 hours away ). I know a lot of you have gone and I also know a lot of you planned a lot more than I am. I know nothing about this other than it’s beautiful. I realize this is a lot to ask you but does anyone have any tips about what to do, see, or where to stay? It’s totally okay if you say I’m crazy for doing this so spontaneously - so blast away!! I’m just trying to figure out something to do other than taking him to to see the falls here I’m Spokane and exploring Lake Coeur d Alene. You guys are the best!! Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Rupp's Runt

Re: Hello - asking about Yellowstone

I'm not one that has been, but please come back and share pictures if you go. I'd love to go someday.

I promise I’ll take pictures!!

I'm keeping Receipts!!

I will be here in Bozeman the week after the 4th of July. You’ll come within a few miles of here on the way to the park. Incredibly expensive to stay here at a hotel but maybe Belgrade or Livingston would have places. I will know “what’s happening” around the area maybe when you come by. Livingston is still fairly Montana like.

I definitely recommend planning ahead for getting some places to stay. Red Lodge after the trip over the Bear Tooth highway. Also go early AM thru Lamar valley. Old Faithful is super busy but also super worth seeing the geyser. I like walking thru Norris geyser basin too.

The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone is worth the stops and steps. The stairs to the very brink of the Falls is good for imagining trying not to go over.

Paying a raft company to float the Yellowstone in Gardiner is a worthwhile trip.

I like driving the little side roads in the park.

Fishing in the park requires a permit but it is not like an out of state license. Buffalo Ford is a cool picnic spot along the Yellowstone

Don’t pet the fluffy cows.

Going to the Sun Highway in Glacier is an incredible drive. But it’s remote.

Chico Hot springs in Paradise valley is an interesting place to stay, soak in the swimming pool, have a whiskey ditch at the bar. Maybe catch some music there or a couole mikes down the road at the Saloon or Barbeque, both of whom are fairly popular l.

Don’t pet the fluffy cows.
    Very good advice
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My daughter and 4 female friends made the trip last year, arriving in Bozeman and followed Bigsky's suggestions and had a great time. They are ready to go back.

I would love to meet up in Bozeman if you have time.
    I lived in Kalispell for a year and love Glacier and have many pics from there. I’ve driven Going to the Sun Road. Incredible views. I would love to move to Polebridge which is basically in the park - but until I win the lottery I’m stuck working for the man.

I’m going to try my best to make this a trip of a lifetime for Alec and I. Last road trip we took was 2011. We drove from KY to California. We had a great time. He was getting ready to turn 19. Now he will turn 31 in 2 months. The time has flown by.

I'm keeping Receipts!!

I have time. 406-599-5836 you can call or text

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I have time. 406-599-5836 you can call or text
    Definitely meet at the breakfast place downtown that you told me about it was amazing. Also yes I have a spreadsheet I can send that’s prob overwhelming. We have friends there today that saw a freaking geyser that hasn’t gone off in 293 days and also had a bear with cubs cross the road next to them…talk about the jackpot! Put your email in here and I’ll send you the one I’ve shared with others. Main thing is how many days are you staying???
    Go Cats!

I remember your doing this now! Feedback loop!

I like taking all the little “No RV” side roads in Yellowstone. They usually are not spectacular, but slip away from the crowd for a little while and gets you away from the “figure eight” traffic for a moment or two.