Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Savage Axis

Rupp's Runt

Savage Axis

Probably about to buy a Savage Axis II in a 6.5 Creedmoor. They are roughly $450-500 range with a scope. I'd be willing to pay $600-700 for something more accurate. The step up in Savage rifles are not any more accurate from what I read. Any suggestions?

I'm not worried about how smooth the bolt and such are. This is going to be my grab and go farm gun. Doesn't haven't to be fancy, but I'm willing to pay a little more for accuracy.

Re: Savage Axis

I have the Savage in a .308. I am not a heavy shooter. It is my grab an go if I need to hunt game. It works for me.

As far as accuracy, the Creedmoor rounds seem to get similar if not better writeups than the .308. I chose the .308 because, at least at the time, the rounds were more available and cheaper.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Savage Axis

I've wanted one for a while. May have asked this question before. I think I am just going to go ahead and do it.