Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Does DeSantis have a shot?

Does DeSantis have a shot?

First, cannot lie. I like Trump policies....a lot.

But I do not believe he is electable in the General Election. Simply too many negatives from independents which is needed to win in the toss up states.

So, can DeSantis generate enough $$$ and support in the primaries to upend Trump.

I personally think he can. I think a lot of people are being quiet who will show up in primaries and Vote DeSantis.

Then we have to hope Trump does not choose to run Independent.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Does DeSantis have a shot?

If your scenario was to play out like that, it would help Biden get another 4 years. THAT we do not need.
    MOLON LABE!

Current opinion seems to be centering on the publicity Trump is getting from his legal troubles, and the opinion once again does not think the exposure will wind up being a negative for him. The scribes seem to think he is becoming more electable the longer it takes for the election to actually happen. If a voter hates Trump, that isn't going to change. If there are people on the fence then they might enter his camp. However, I can not imagine how anyone that is not a recent emigrant would not have a strong opinion one way or the other.

JMHO, but if Trump is not electable as a Republican, then no other Republican will have a chance either. If the Donald has to run as an Independent he is toast, but he will muck a run by DeSantis, Haley, or Pence.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Personally I think Kennedy will win the democrat primary and will be the next president if he does. Voter fraud is too embedded in the system for any republican to overcome IMO.

Rupp's Runt

Recent poll had Trump over DeSantis by several points. But DeSantis and Biden pretty much even, but Trump trailing Biden by several. Which is interesting, because Trump is probably more left than Desantis. But as someone said...Trump isn't that electable.

I like both, but a 3rd candidate coming out on top would not hurt my feelings.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Personally I think Kennedy will win the democrat primary and will be the next president if he does. Voter fraud is too embedded in the system for any republican to overcome IMO.
    This would not hurt my feeling a lot. I'd still vote republican, but I'd feel better about the choices.

Worst thing to happen would be a 3rd party Trump campaign. Guaranteed Democrat win.

Republicans beed to wake up and rally behind an electable candidate.

Is that DeSantis? Maybe.

Hmmm interesting thought, but I don't think DeSantis can supplant Trump. What I do wonder will happen after the knock down/drag out that occurs is that Trump would approach DeSantis as his running mate. Im not sure essentially would accept however. If he does, Trump is in a much more electable position. If Biden saw a fight in the primaries from a strong candidate and is beaten, I don't see a scenario for Trump to be elected. It has to be against Biden because he is damaged goods IMO.

I do not see a Trump DeSantis ticket. Trump has been bashing him a good bit lately and I do not see him backing off that to put him on the ticket. I was hoping that if Trump does run as a Republican, he gives Haley the nod as his running mate. If I though she could mount a strong enough campaign, then I would ditch Trump and DeSantis and let her fight it out with Sloppy Joe. Were she to be elected, it would absolutely kill Hillary as she, so badly, wanted to be the first (name your pronoun) female US President.
    seeya
    dan

I watched that interview of Trump on CNN. He could win primaries but could not win the general.

I don’t think Ms Haley can win primaries.

We need someone who can do both.

Do you think that Haley could help Trump or DeSantis win the general election? If not, do you see a running mate that would help the most?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    First, cannot lie. I like Trump policies....a lot.

But I do not believe he is electable in the General Election. Simply too many negatives from independents which is needed to win in the toss up states.

So, can DeSantis generate enough $$$ and support in the primaries to upend Trump.

I personally think he can. I think a lot of people are being quiet who will show up in primaries and Vote DeSantis.

Then we have to hope Trump does not choose to run Independent.
    I'm like you in that I love Trumps policies but not sure I like the person. I'm not a fan of egotistical blowhards. However, I am not convinced he is "unelectable" for various reasons.

1) People are starting to see Biden as the corrupt individual he is. Oh, that isn't to say Trump isn't corrupt, it is just that his corruptness and money grab was not TAX PAYER money. The Biden crime family is every bit as bad as the Clinton one, and Hillary lost in big part due to that.

2) Is Trump really "unelectable" or is it the media telling us that he is unelectable?

3) Do voters vote for what they have or what they had? How can anybody be happy with the current state of the economy? or foreign policy? or domestic policy? or immigration?

4) People are becoming more in tune with the media bias, as well as the deep state. The more they go after Trump and are either unsuccessful or see the voters see the blatant inequity in application of the law the more it helps "the Orange One"

5) Biden's continued attacks and divisiveness only hurts expanding his voter base. Go ahead, keep calling all republicans "white supremacists" and Extreme Maga Republicans.

6) Trump on the election circuit is a powerful thing. He has the combination of humor and common sense while effectively pointing out the issues with the current gov't and people ruling over us. Look at how he scored in the CNN town hall, with a hostile moderator, and no Joe Biden (with face to face, Trump will embarrass him)

Are there really that many who would vote "anti-Trump" so they can vote for Biden? I see an awful lot of pro-Trump signs, flags, stickers, etc... than I do Biden ones (or at least proBiden---I see tons of anti-biden like FJB, "Lets go Brandon", etc....)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Donald Trump will drag the Republican party down and hand the country to the democrats, damage that won’t be repaired for a long time. He will do this because he is personally odious and has no self control and is unwilling to put others above himself. This translates into bad policies and bad politics both.

The damage he did in the Georgia Senate races in 2020 should show us on the center right just how bad he can be. I think Pennsylvania and Georgia senate races could have been carried by a non Trump republican, instead of those sycophants that won the primary.

It is horrible enough that Joe Biden is the candidate on the one side. The republicans need to be the party of younger ideas. You may like Trump because he is wishy washy on abortion, or on social security reform or any of the big issues of our day. I do not. Do I think republicans beed solutions for these problems? Yes. But Trump
    Showed in his interview and with his advertising against DiSantis that these are hust frames in which he places his portrait as dear leader.

So either an alternative to Trump has a chance or the Republicans have no chance.

I'm kind of surpirsed by some of the responses here.

I am all in on DeSantis. Period. Haley is a RINO and I cannot stand here. Pence us unelectable due to his religious standing..simply will not get even the Trump women.

DeSantis has proven he will stand for conservative ideals. he has fought and won in FL.

Make no mistake, I am a DeSantis guy thru and thru. I think Trump attacking him borders on idiotic.

I just think there is a strong chance that the "anti-Biden" out anti's the "anti-Trump". My hope is the Orange Man has a stroke or some other debilitating disease/condition that precludes him from running, leaving DeSantis to be the standard bearer
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Can't disagree with you Doc. Trump is in this for Trump and his ego.

I agree with a lot of Trump's basic direction as well, but Trump the person and candidate is toxic and almost impossible to like. Even many I know who have Trump stickers and flags don't like him as a person, they just like what he stands for. A pudgy, orange version of the Gadsden flag for many.

I can see him eeking out a win over Biden just b/c Biden is mentally incompetent and people know it, and trump at least has his faculties even if he's a complete asshat. But why take the chance? DeSantis wins over Biden comfortably, and since he won't be impeached every 6 months might actually accomplish some of the conservative agenda beyond just what can be done by executive order.

I'm great with DeSantis. I'm good with Haley, and I love Tim Scott.

I just hope DeSantis will run and get the nomination from Trump, basically that a lot of people with Trump stickers get in the booth and realize DeSantis is our best chance to end this national nightmare of dementia and wokeness.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I am all in on DeSantis. Period. Haley is a RINO and I cannot stand here. Pence us unelectable due to his religious standing..simply will not get even the Trump women.

DeSantis has proven he will stand for conservative ideals. he has fought and won in FL.

He's far and away my first choice but at this point anyone with an "R" is better than any "D", even the Rockefeller brand "R"s.

I'm all for him. Anyone who sends illegals to Martha's Vineyard should get our vote just for that stunt. It was a stunt, but an incredibly poignant one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Tim Scott is putting together a good campaign team. I like the guy, but I need to see more of him. DeSantis and Trump are unelectable in the General Election. My views align pretty much with Ramaswamy. Right now in the Republican Primary I probably would vote for DeSantis. but could easily vote for Ramaswamy or Scott if they gain momentum.
    Real Fan since 1958

Tim Scott is assembling a strong team for his campaign. I want to see more of the guy even if I like him. Trump and DeSantis cannot be elected in the general election. I pretty much agree with Ramaswamy's viewpoints. At this time, if there were a Republican Primary, I think I would vote for DeSantis. however if Scott or Ramaswamy acquire support, it would be simple to vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Tim Scott is putting together a good campaign team. I like the guy, but I need to see more of him. DeSantis and Trump are unelectable in the General Election. My views align pretty much with Ramaswamy. Right now in the Republican Primary I probably would vote for DeSantis. but could easily vote for Ramaswamy or Scott if they gain momentum.
    He is an interesting candidate, and appears to be a person that is going to work his tail off for what he wants. I need more time to let the Kid's ideas to sink in and see how he intends to make them happen. He plans on taking some mighty big swings if he is elected. I think he would have to be declared King to Put his ideas into effect.
    seeya
    dan

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    He is an interesting candidate, and appears to be a person that is going to work his tail off for what he wants. I need more time to let the Kid's ideas to sink in and see how he intends to make them happen. He plans on taking some mighty big swings if he is elected. I think he would have to be declared King to Put his ideas into effect.
    Well, the last two Presidents have been Kings. What is one more?
    Real Fan since 1958

Well, the last two Presidents have been Kings. What is one more?
    Don't you mean 3?

Here is another option that could gain traction if everything falls into place. I was getting to feel comfortable with Manchin until he cut a deal with Sloppy Joe and voted to pass the Trillion plus dollar spending spree.

Linkage

Hogan
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Can't disagree with you Doc. Trump is in this for Trump and his ego.

I agree with a lot of Trump's basic direction as well, but Trump the person and candidate is toxic and almost impossible to like. Even many I know who have Trump stickers and flags don't like him as a person, they just like what he stands for. A pudgy, orange version of the Gadsden flag for many.

I can see him eeking out a win over Biden just b/c Biden is mentally incompetent and people know it, and trump at least has his faculties even if he's a complete asshat. But why take the chance? DeSantis wins over Biden comfortably, and since he won't be impeached every 6 months might actually accomplish some of the conservative agenda beyond just what can be done by executive order.

I'm great with DeSantis. I'm good with Haley, and I love Tim Scott.

I just hope DeSantis will run and get the nomination from Trump, basically that a lot of people with Trump stickers get in the booth and realize DeSantis is our best chance to end this national nightmare of dementia and wokeness.
    Pbm if DeSantis gets the nomination, Trump runs as a third candidate and pulls from DeSantis. That is the democrats.dream. Trump won't bow.out, it.will only stoke.his fervor. While what Trump does is best for the country, he will put himself before the betterment.of the nation

As a Floridian, DeSantis.is.easily the best candidate. I am also a big Tim Scott fan

Rupp's Runt

Vivek Ramsaswamy is an interesting candidate. I've listened to what he says, and I like what I hear so far.

But that's for right now. And this mud slinging between Trump and DeSantis is just old fashioned politics, nothing more.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Vivek Ramsaswamy is an interesting candidate. I've listened to what he says, and I like what I hear so far.

But that's for right now. And this mud slinging between Trump and DeSantis is just old fashioned politics, nothing more.
    I do as well. A sensible moderate, likable. But a conservative

On the democrat side, I could live with Robert Kennedy. While a leftist, is.moderate and makes sense. However his speech pattern is a turnoff for many voters. It's called Spasmotic Dysphonia, which only affects speach parrten and rthymn, but it will affect a large portion of voters
    Last edited by Doc; 05-17-2023 at 07:13 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Kennedy is a Kennedy, therefore he is poison to me, AND he's a Democrat. I can't. I just can't. He IS NOT JFK. Not even close.

It will take 16 years to wash the stink of Biden away.