Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: My right to bear firearms

My right to bear firearms

“Section 12. Right to bear arms. The right of any person to keep or bear arms in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons.“

Now six time I swore to uphold this document, the 1972 Montana Constitution. It also has the right to privacy and the right to a healthful environment. It’s regularly criticized for being too liberal, and modern.

But I like it. You can keep and bear arms in defense of person and property. And, 1972 was long after Armalite came along with its invention. Not only do you have these rights, but an elected or appointed official questioning that right is in violation of his or her oath of office.

Re: My right to bear firearms

but an elected or appointed official questioning that right is in violation of his or her oath of office.
    I don't find that a majority of elected officials are in the least concerned about the oath of office once it is sworn to. They appear to see it as a formality, and if it gets in the way of their personal desires, then it is forgotten about altogether.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: My right to bear firearms

You are right dan. It is a meaningless mumble for them.