Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fire Up The Prayer Wagon (please)

Thanks guys! Hug those wives a little bit tighter and longer tonight…

I am ending the second hardest day of my life, one more to go… I’ve been lucky, and have had a house full of people the last few days propping me up, including my two daughters and two grandchildren. No way I could have done this without them….and you’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Unforgettable

Re: Fire Up The Prayer Wagon (please)

Mark, Mick told me tonight about your wife. Sorry is not good enough. Now you are lost without her so never let her memory leave you, she was more than just a wife she was your partner in life. I don’t know if you are a believer or not but right now God is carrying you thru this time. You will be in my prayers, you will get thru it and she will be watching over you. Skip ( jazzydancer)

So sorry for your loss brother. I appreciate you sharing, and D sharing with the rest of us. Prayers and Peace.

Bombino

I like everyone else here am so stunned and sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. *hugs* If you need anything even just to talk please reach out.

Just wanted to say thanks, again. Please believe me when I tell you how much everyone’s kind words, thoughts, and prayers have lifted my heart.

I had my first real alone day today as the daughters have all headed back to their homes… one went east to VA Beach, the other west to Denver.

Saturday night after the funeral I was sitting at home with my one daughter from VA Beach after the two grandkids that made the trip had gone to bed. The TV was on but I couldn’t really tell you what was on, I received a text, I looked at my phone it was from daughter sitting across the room from me. I was like what? as I opened it she said you’re coming so don’t say no… she had sent me a round trip ticket to VA Beach for the long Memorial Day weekend.

These girls are dug in, and are pulling me up every time I slide down. She sent me a text today with a link to a condo on the beach in Wilmington N.C., I’ve been ordered to spend a week there, in July, with her family.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-15-2023 at 11:35 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Hold on to those girls; they are a treasure and they need you just as you need them.
    God Bless you boss, you are forever in our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Hold on to those girls; they are a treasure and they need you just as you need them.
    God Bless you boss, you are forever in our prayers.
    Ditto on all of that. At some point in time you did something right boss, as having a daughter care that much for you, is not exactly common place today.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks, again. Please believe me when I tell you how much everyone’s kind words, thoughts, and prayers have lifted my heart.

I had my first real alone day today as the daughters have all headed back to their homes… one went east to VA Beach, the other west to Denver.

Saturday night after the funeral I was sitting at home with my one daughter from VA Beach after the two grandkids that made the trip had gone to bed. The TV was on but I couldn’t really tell you what was on, I received a text, I looked at my phone it was from daughter sitting across the room from me. I was like what? as I opened it she said you’re coming so don’t say no… she had sent me a round trip ticket to VA Beach for the long Memorial Day weekend.

These girls are dug in, and are pulling me up every time I slide down. She sent me a text today with a link to a condo on the beach in Wilmington N.C., I’ve been ordered to spend a week there, in July, with her family.

Still thinking about you and your family. It’s been touching to hear you speak about how much you loved your wife and then this one really got me to see your daughters share that same love and devotion to you. I know it’s tough but it sure is a beautiful thing to see.
    Go Cats!

The small things are what I find the most uplifting, the posts that you all have randomly left and continue to do so, texts/messenger that just pop in with a simple “thinking/praying for you”, or a “hang in there”. I get an occasional “go get something to eat” or “get your rest”. They do wonders…

The girls have called every day/night with out fail… mostly video chat, so I get to see the grandchildren. My Denver daughter is flying back the week after Memorial weekend to help with unforeseen things that pop up that have to be dealt with…

I did very well in the daughter lottery…

Ms. boss was my light, I feel she is still lighting the way, but I would prefer her on my arm as we move along.

Thank you all.

Rupp's Runt

She is still lighting the way sir!

You, sir, are an inspiration to us all.
    But sometimes when you fell the need to break and just let it go, you let it go.
    There is a little something for you in your messages...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.