Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Biden's quiet attack on rural America smells just as bad as manure

Biden's quiet attack on rural America smells just as bad as manure

The WOTUS rule is one of the most ignorant, no not ignorant just plain STOOPID government rules ever published. I was working with farmers every day when the first iteration of this was put into play. If a farmer has a 5 inch rain occur in a 24 hour period on his own property, there will be a lot of standing water appear in low spots all over his farmland. He owns the land and in many cases there is no mortgage on the property and taxes have been paid on the same land.

However if he is unlucky, some pencil necked geek with a tablet computer, a notepad, a smart phone, and a pocket full of business cards, ink pens, cough drops and handkerchiefs in a Prius will drive up, get out of the car, hand the hired hand a business card, and tell him he is going to inspect the farm. Hired hand looks at the business card and says, I don't think you are going to do a damn thing but back in your car and wait for the boss to get back from town. Govt man says when will that be, and the hired hand said that when the boss went to town he did not usually get back till the next day and sometimes it was 2 days. The govt geek thought of trying to throw his 135 lbs around to see if he could buffalo this hayseed hick, but after looking the hand over once more he sniffed and proudly said I'll be back.

That is a true story as the hired hand is a good friend of mine and he could have rolled the govt man up and stuffed him in one of his pants pockets and placed him back in his car and shut the door, without getting winded or breaking a sweat. He smiled the whole time he was telling me the story. Govt man came back 2 days later and told the first person he saw that he wanted to see the owner. Hired hand went and found farmer Joe and brought him around to see the govt guy. Govt guy tells farmer Joe that he is there to inspect the farm land and cite him for all the standing water he had on the farm. Farmer Joe said OK and he said I am going to send William with you to make sure you do not stray off my land. He pulled William, over and said do not answer any questions he asks you. Whatever he asks you just say I don't know.

All the standing water was gone. Ground was still muddy, but no water to be found. It had just naturally percolated down in the dry soil, or in a few cases drained down some sink holes. Govt man came back to the farm stead all hot and looking like he was going to pass out. He told Farmer Joe everything looked fine today but he promised to be back the next time it rained. Farmer Joe thanked him for the warning and turned and walked off leaving a fuming nitwit to drive off in his wet clothes and mud caked boots.

WOTUS
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Biden's quiet attack on rural America smells just as bad as manure

The feds will bully you over a puddle left by a cow. Before Pres trump rolled this back, farmers, ranchers, developers, even owners of 20 acres, and towns in MT were all getting bullied over this. It’s the way the enviro legal industry makes its money as much as any water protection.

My thanks goes out to the SCOTUS. Their work did 2 things. It turned off the EPA's rabid water dogs, and it really pissed off the radical left.

Protecting constitutional rights is their job

Even though the left wants them to be a legislating body that does their bidding.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 06-02-2023 at 08:59 AM.
    seeya
    dan

Schumer and the WAPO then lie about the decision, which was unanimous not 5-4 as they said “maga court”.

There are two americas. One where math is racist, the other where 2+2 = 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    There are two americas. One where math is racist, the other where 2+2 = 4.
    Unfortunately George Orwell could not have been more correct in his vision of what was coming. Now we have actual educators claiming math is racist, apparently b/c it requires a correct answer.

What's really interesting is how many people don't even see it. Humanity's ability to be completely stupid seems to have no limits.

2+2=5.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

That is perfectly evident when dealing with a check out clerk trying to do their job with no electricity. Just try paying cash for a $13.42 purchase with a $20.00 dollar bill. If they do not have a good charge on their cell phone, I would have to tell them how much they owed me back and describe that they should give be a 5 dollar bill, a one dollar bill, 2 quarters, 1 nickle, and 3 pennies.
    seeya
    dan

hey dan, give them $23.42 and ask for a $10 bill and the manager will come out and say, "we don't do that sort of thing".

That would be a better transaction for me to try if the situation ever presents itself. I have done similar things lots of times to reduce my coin load and at times it lightens the wallet, but the electrons were flowing when I did that.
    seeya
    dan