Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Way OT: Mass Shooting in D-Town Louisville

Way OT: Mass Shooting in D-Town Louisville

Old National Bank 300 Block of Main…

Four fatalities + shooter. 8 injured including two LMPD officers.

I hope this doesn’t affect anyone in are corner of the world, and thoughts and prayers to those families affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Details about the shooter…

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Two shootings apparently. One at the bank. And one at Jefferson Community and Technical College. Glad that I am not longer at a KCTCS college with safety reporting to me.

Re: Way OT: Mass Shooting in D-Town Louisville

Wait, seriously??? He was live? My god.
    ~Puma~

That's just awful, my thoughts and prayers to those affected as well. I parked right behind that bank to get on the river walk over the holidays.

Rupp's Runt

Second shooting was a separate incident. I think.

https://www.wlky.com/article/lmpd-su...erson/43553620

5 blocks from my office. Sad, scary, surreal day in my hometown.

Fab Five

I wonder if Dr. Tom knows him. I know he would know some of the shooter's professors.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I wonder if Dr. Tom knows him. I know he would know some of the shooter's professors.
    I did not know him, or at least don't remember him if I did, but certainly would know some of the people who had him in class.

Another in a long line of horrible, terrible, senseless tragedies.

The shooter…

https://heavy.com/news/connor-sturgeon/

Fab Five

The police are searching in Camp Taylor off Poplar Level near Audubon Park. It may have been where the shooter lived.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    5 blocks from my office. Sad, scary, surreal day in my hometown.
    Chillingly close. Be well my friend.
    ~Puma~

Fab Five

The remarks by the acting Police Chief were on target. I thought she showed compassion for those affected and command for the situation. Hopefully, it paints a different picture of the Louisville Metro Police Dept than the false one painted by the National Media after the Breanna Taylor shooting.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 04-10-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

The remarks by the acting Police Chief were on target. I thought she showed compassion for those affected and command for the situation. Hopefully, it paints a different picture of the Louisville Metro Police Dept than the false one painted by the National Media after the Breanna Taylor shooting.
    Well two of my best friends are Louisville police officers, and in real life the Mayor gives them ZERO support. They hate him .

My wife works for the school district and was about 15 blocks away. They got locked down and couldn’t leave until 2:00.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

There's reasons I've avoided downtown for several years

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Powermaker View Post
    Well two of my best friends are Louisville police officers, and in real life the Mayor gives them ZERO support. They hate him .
    The mayor is a complete joke. He kept nudging the Chief out of the way at the presser so he could answer questions being asked or her. This was his moment to shine.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 04-10-2023 at 05:04 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

I know someone who works for the Mayor, or, rather, I know her parents in Frankfort. Mom’s one of the DukeGirls. So I will be silent on the subject of Louisville and democrat run cities in general.

I thought the Governor did pretty doggone well, concentrating on victims and their families.

Kudos to the policemen who responded quickly and moved to end the shooter, er, threat. Stark contrast to the Texas performance.

Entitled, greedy, self centered should have been the shooter’s pronouns.

My grandad spent 30 some years banking in downtown Louisville. He was Louisville through and through. Buried in the Krauss plot in Section One of Cave Hill. Louisville has a lot of nostalgia and meaning for me.

My wife is in the banking world and has a friend that knows a lady that was actually on the zoom meeting attending remotely because she had something and couldn’t make it to the meeting. She heard/saw it all unfold apparently. My wife is from lville and her first cousin is lville pd and he said he was one of the first there, just said it was awful, bodies everywhere. I guess he used an AR. Such a sad and senseless tragedy and such an unexpecting person to commit it. The world seems increasingly screwed up.
    Go Cats!

Rupp's Runt

The mayor is a complete joke. He kept nudging the Chief out of the way at the presser so he could answer questions being asked or her. This was his moment to shine.
    Yeah, I was real impressed when he started choking up like he was gonna cry like a little bitch on national TV.

I was very glad to see the patrol officers respond as quickly and effectively as they did. KUDOS to the LMPD, because those patrol officers responses are a testament to their training. And, unlike the cowards in Texas that just let all of those kids die, these officers ran to the sound of the gunfire, which is what real cops are supposed to do.
    MOLON LABE!

The shooter had multiple concussions in high school. While it might not have been the sole reason I guarantee it played a part.
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    The shooter had multiple concussions in high school. While it might not have been the sole reason I guarantee it played a part.
    Interesting, i did hear that he wore a helmet in basketball games due to this. I thought if it got to that point they just shut you down, but that may be a KHSAA rule.
    Go Cats!

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Interesting, i did hear that he wore a helmet in basketball games due to this. I thought if it got to that point they just shut you down, but that may be a KHSAA rule.
    He played at Floyd Central in Indiana, so it would have been IHSAA.
    Real Fan since 1958

Guys, I fear we are going to see more of this in the next couple of years. We are just now starting to see the Mental Health Effects of the lockdowns and isolation, especially on those who truly took the quarantine and travel limitations to heart and followed them either voluntarily or because they did not have a lot of other options.

You guys know I work in the MH industry and I am hearing from my peers in the community mental health world that the demand for their services has at least doubled yet they have less clinicians than they had pre-pandemic due to the salary and benefit expectations. I can say from my industry stand point children who were on the fringes of needing MH services and special education have crossed the line and now are medium to high need service needs.

That is what happened, people who were stable but maybe on edge of needs have been pushed over the edge to full needs...and when they cannot cope or do not know what resources are there, it can get dangerous. Historically, that resulted in suicide..but it appears the new outlet is suicide by mass murder.

He played at Floyd Central in Indiana, so it would have been IHSAA.
    I believe I read his father was head coach at Floyd Central, whom he played under.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Critter it is pretty well documented now. I have a son who had multiple concussions and that was before all the truth came out. Docs still yukkin it up about ringing bells. But I got on the internet.

Guaranty it messed him up and he was never the same. Although he’s worked through a lot, lots of counseling has helped. And has found a niche to work. I wake up every day worrying.

And I’d add, the anger comes out in the stress of the workplace first.