Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Fransisco is Collapsing while Nero (Newsome) fiddles.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: San Fransisco is Collapsing while Nero (Newsome) fiddles.

Portland's next. National retail and restaurants will be bailing. Some will say, "local is better" but many small business fled already.

Hoping here that both collapse, so it can finally sink in that these policies are about as dumb as trying to get to the moon by building a tower. Seriously, how stupid can you be to think that getting rid of police will lead to less crime (that was argued)? To think that if you just counsel people they will turn away from bad behavior even though you just eliminated any negative consequences from that bad behavior?

Are you completely nuts? Did you mom drop you on your head as a child a lot?

Sorry, but it's true. We're seeing more and worse crime across the board since we allowed this movement to catch hold during the riots (sorry, "mostly" peaceful protests including arson and felony burglary), and the answer in these enclaves of dumbassery has been to reduce police presence simultaneously.

Maybe if one of them becomes a ghost town it can serve as a wake up call to people.

This insanity has to stop. It's taken over in so many areas. it's like watching the mass hysteria of The Crucible, but with a lot more people on the stage.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

"Seattle is Dying" available on the internet is one of the best pieces of reporting on imperiled west coast cities I've seen.

bigsky, is this the film you mentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw
    seeya
    dan

Just a little over an hour long, and the best part may be the final 15 minutes, but the entire presentation is well worth watching IMO.
    seeya
    dan

Oregon lawmakers should have watched the Washington video.

Oregon lawmakers pass $200M housing, homelessness package
    seeya
    dan

Yep it was in several (in) digestible bites before; a tv news special.

And that was 4 years ago, and things are worse in these west coast cities.

They are pretty bad in Bozeman. The Ninth Circuit has said we can’t make people living on the street move on, so there are several groups of people now doing just that. Many are drug and alcohol and mentally impaired. Many are freeloaders who have jobs but want to contribute nothing. These is a growing group; they want to live here cheaply, not be responsible to a landlord, or pay for services, want to make big wages for menial jobs that they perform poorly, entitled to bring dogs into stores and restaurants, and even keep their children out of school and use them to beg on street corners. They get on social media and beg and scam. There are whole groups of travelers that will find an empty house, or have one front person rent a house, and then take it over all summer, trash it refuse to pay rent, or utilities, and move on at the end of summer.

What you have you got from white privilege and they deserve it and you don’t. Everything should be provided to them by the government. All rights, zero responsibilities.

This is America, the future and it is bearing down on us before we can blink.

Yep, that sums it up well bigsky.

I can't even recognize this country any more, and worry what it will be like when I'm 70 or 80. I'm really looking at being an ex-pat somewhere that there is still some sanity. It may be down to deserted islands by that time.

Beyond the obvious disaster it is for civilized and law abiding citizens of this nation, how do people think these policies are doing anything but harming the people they think they are trying to help?

All they are doing is condemning generations of people to poverty and sloth and crime, robbing them of any dignity and pride and, worst of all, sentencing their children to be born to it.

There is nothing noble or redeeming about drug addiction, crime, homelessness, illiteracy, the victim society or any of the rest of it. It is not giving anyone "social justice", but rather is providing social, economic and spiritual damnation. All so middle class people can pat themselves on the back at wine parties and congratulate each other for how much they care about the plight of others.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Californians voted for her, and all the other liberals, knowing their policies. The get what they deserve
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Cracker Barrel Closing shop and leaving Portland, OR

Cracker Barrel becomes latest company to flee Portland amid rising crime, retail theft
    Walmart announced earlier this month it is closing all of its Portland, Oregon, locations
    seeya
    dan

Yep. And “locals will fill those vacancies” is accurate I’m sure, except locals have also been bailing. Had a friend with a decent jewelry store in Missoula. A homeless person crapped at her front door every day.

Every day

Every day.

She was targeted. Cops did nothing. City did nothing. . .

Closed her store.

Happening in all the west coast cities.

Trying to figure out what this country is coming to. This ship is sinking.

San Francisco this week:

Closed Whole Foods because it’s not safe for workers

Starbucks are removing all tables to keep homeless out

Bob Lee Tech brainiac and multi millionaire was killed while in front of luxury condos

The fire chief was attacked and almost beaten to death by homeless

A little observation From twitter

They are reaping that which they have sown.

The real stunner isn't that this is happening, the results were entirely predictable. It's that as the people leave they then vote for the same polices they had in San Fran, not ever once making the connection between their leftist beliefs and the outcome of poverty and drug addiction bringing down the city.

They are moving to Texas and Florida and then voting for the same bullcrap that drove them out of the west coast. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

seeya
    dan

It's very disconcerting, and I see those same policies on a small scale in Lexington and elsewhere. This notion that we must coddle the mentally ill and drug addicted who roam the streets like we are walking through some nature preserve and must not disturb the natural wildlife. The tolerance of "petty" crime that of course only grows to more incidents and larger crimes. City governments who buy into having fewer police and ignoring more crime thinking that somehow that will make things better.

It's like the losers and criminals of the nation got their own union and are voting in lawless anarchy.

Meanwhile the liberal suburbanites pine for more services to encourage homelessness and fewer police, all the while never volunteering any property anywhere near where they live to house them. They all "really care" until it comes to actually having to live next to it, then they don't like that at all.

I go to city meetings where people who wouldn't vote for a conservative to save their lives complain endlessly about the rising crime and homeless problems. DUH!!!!???? Like listening to the Bob and Tom skits from Mr. Obvious, they just don't see the connection between the two.

Bozeman too, Citizen. We just advertised for a position to engage the voiceless. I don’t think they mean the 70% with jobs sometimes more than one that are too busy with jobs family charity to respond to the city’s calls to have a charette.

Well I guess misery loves company, lol. It seems to be all over. I thought Reagan ran the last liberals out of this country, but apparently not.

I consider myself a classical liberal btw, in the school of the Founders. Socially I'm about as liberal as you can be without buying into this current nonsense, but how people can't see that they are voting for the very policies that is creating this mess they then complain about is beyond my understanding.

If you want to encourage more of something you subsidize it, if you want to discourage it you tax it. that's not hard to understand is it? So when you subsidize being homeless and drug addicted and do nothing to make it non-optional, like arresting people or having them committed to a facility, but instead provide them meals and care while they continue to shoot heroin and sleep in the streets, you are then surprised at the outcome? Really?

This isn't a housing problem. this is a crime, drug addiction and mental illness problem. If you care about these people then vote to have them taken before a judge, ruled incompetent and have them put in facilities for drug rehab and mental illness treatment. We used to have state hospitals where such people were taken. We can debate if those places can be better run than they were in the past, but it's hard to imagine we can't do better for them than letting them roam on the streets shooting up drugs.

On a city level it's harsh but South Park had it right. If you stop providing them services many will migrate to somewhere more friendly. So if you want your town to not have a problem don't try to help them, just make it as hard as possible to exist that way in your town and they will go somewhere with more of a "heart".

A lot of this is funded in lexington by a wealthy family that also owns a lot of real estate. It's interesting to me the shelters and such they fund and put their name on arent' anywhere close to their valuable real estate. Must be a coincidence. No one is calling for a new shelter over in Hartland Estates or Andover.

Guard in Portland by Trump due to violence is bad
    Guard to Frisco by Newsome due to not enforcing drug laws good

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqDkl47FJw

We used to have state hospitals where such people were taken.
    If you travel to Hopkinsville KY, you will find one of those facilities still in the business of treating the mentally ill.

Western State Hospital
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If you travel to Hopkinsville KY, you will find one of those facilities still in the business of treating the mentally ill.

Western State Hospital
    You know we essentially chose that over WKU?

Had no idea that was the case, WKU would have been call the "Flatlanders"?
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

lol I never gave any thought to what the mascot would have been

San Francisco's downtown Whole Foods Market closing.

Workers grew tired of cleaning up poo and dealing with guys with machetes.
    seeya
    dan

San Francisco’s new mascot could be that little brown pile of poo emoticon. Much more current and topical than 49ers or Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    San Francisco's downtown Whole Foods Market closing.

Workers grew tired of cleaning up poo and dealing with guys with machetes.
    We are watching the collapse of this country under Leftism.

The course of action for the "homeless" problem is to stop calling it a "homeless" problem and treat it for what it is: a drug and mental illness problem.

We need to re-open mental hospitals and rehab hospitals for these people, have them ruled incompetent and forcibly removed and housed in these facilities. This is how we always did it in this country, and it worked.

Is it more humane to do that or to leave them living, crazy and strung out, in a cardboard box? The current approach is horrible for them and for society as a whole.

I'm sure leftist groups will sue, as the ACLU has done in the past, to argue these insane, drug addicted people have a right to live this way. There is no right to live a life that involves illegal use of public and private lands, and theft and property damage as a way of life.

Leftism will be the end of this nation, and apparently far sooner than I thought possible because they are working feverishly to make it happen.

Notice I said Leftism, not liberalism. The liberalism of FDR and even the 1960s is long in the rear view mirror of the current Leftist movement. The concept of a "Safety net" and a "hand up" are completely gone from their ideology. The principles of tolerance and civil rights born out of the 1960s are being trampled by the Left just as fast as they can when it suits their goals.

The modern roots of intolerance and totalitarian tactics have shifted from the Religious Right of the 1980s to the dogmatic leftists of the 21st century. Old school "liberals" of the FDR era, and even of the McGovern era, have been left in the dust and IMO need to start speaking out against the modern Leftist movement.

No one born of that era should accept the notion that we have to put up with or that it is somehow moral to allow drug addicts and mentally ill people to roam around committing crimes in our cities unpunished.

San Fran could get a head start by doing a little updating of the community in the bay. Room for about 400 there.
    seeya
    dan

The owners of Hilton and Parc 55 have stopped making payments on hotel properties in downtown SF. Surrendering the properties to the bank is apparently more appealing than spending any further funds on loan payments.

https://sfstandard.com/business/real...ncisco-hotels/

Looks like one could soon get in the rooms for rent business at a large discount in the near future in the Bay area. Of course, the Cali governor and the mayor of San Fransisco will likely take over your newly purchased assets to be used to house the homeless and the incoming border jumpers. They will likely do more damage to the rooms than once was done by the 2 Keiths and the "lifes been good to me" artist.

San Fran office space can be had on the cheap as well.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 06-08-2023 at 10:46 AM.
    seeya
    dan