Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Betsy's Pancake House in NO

Betsy's Pancake House in NO

Darrell, or any other NO denizens, have you had pancakes at Patsy's? Article sounds pretty dire for their chances for survival. I would say that is a damn shame. ''

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Dan, don't know that restaurant. My wife and I were moving in 1986 when that was founded, so it didn't fall within the sweet spot of restaurants either of us knew when we lived there, my BIL/SIL/FIL may know it well. When we come in for visits, it's usually some of the old standbys since we're always there such a short time.

Lot of demographic issues have hit New Orleans since Katrina with mass departures, then returns, and politically the city itself is a mess with an awful, corrupt and incompetent mayor. Police force is probably half of what it once was, which was likely just adequate back then.

Just fyi, it's still alive and kicking.

It's just shocking to me that I see a "decades old" restaurant in New Orleans, and read a story about it being open more than 35 years, and then realize that I've been gone from New Orleans for that long. Just doesn't seem possible.

Not sure any of the crime problems have been addressed, but maybe they're better. I sure hope so. I really love New Orleans, the people who live there, the culture, resuarants, the whole shebang.

Fab Five

Re: Betsy's Pancake House in NO

New Orleans has moved to Mandeville. Mandina’s, Cafe du Monde, Felix’s and other famous places have all set up shop across the lake.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    New Orleans has moved to Mandeville. Mandina’s, Cafe du Monde, Felix’s and other famous places have all set up shop across the lake.
    That is a pretty far walk for the locals, and local walk ins appear to be a big part of Betsy's customer base. I understand that a business owner has to make smart decisions to survive, but in this case the ghost of her Mom is keeping her at the old location, and she will sink or swim (no pun intended) with the ghost.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

All three of those restaurants are still in New Orleans. Cafe du Monde has had several locations for many years, including when I frequented there. We go to a small one in Kenner every time I hit town. Mandina's is still on Canal Street, best that I know. We didn't go there when I was in New Orleans recently but my brother-in-law had just been. If they've opened up another restaurant, it's an expansion. Same for Felix's. They're all still in their original locations, but they've done well and expanded over the years.