Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Re: Biden is at it again.

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semi-automatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you.

Can we all agree here Biden is one of the most unintelligent, ignorant men to ever hold high office in any Administration? Forget his stance on guns or whatever issue. The word "idiot" is tossed around too often, but this guy has earned the description.

FWIW firing through the door is a felony in lots of states, no questions asked, including probably Deleware (his home state), and even in "castle doctrine" states like Kentucky could easily be a felony. Not to mention the most obvious fact, which is why it's a felony: You could be shooting an innocent person. Do we just blow away anyone who knocks? If not what do we do when we open the door and they get in? Can this man get any more stupid? His approach is exactly what anti-gun people fear from gun owners: some lunatic shooting first and asking questions later like it's a Western.

Then there's his continuing absurd defense of shotguns as all we need for home defense and easier to "handle" than a modern sporting rifle like an AR. I'm tempted to go grab 5-6 women I know of various ages and do a video. He might as well claim the sky is green. It's just nonsense.

Somewhere, Obama is yelling "GD it, who left the front door open!? Biden got out again!!!"

Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense.

In the same Field and Stream interview, Biden also said that anyone who needs a “clip” (actually a magazine) with 30 rounds in it is a “danger” to themselves.

“If you can’t get the bear or deer in four or five shots, you’ve got a problem,” he said.

Re the first part, this seems a reference to the 2nd AMendment, that it's just to have some basic self defense. Tells you all you need to know about his position on the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership.

As for the 2nd, another show of how little he understands about guns and even hunting. First as most everyone on here knows, you don't hunt deer and bear with 30 round magazines and ARs. Every state I know about has rules about which guns and calibers can be used to hunt deer and other large game and you don't get 4-5 shots much less 30. The comment is nonsensical other than for some kind of dumbed down sound byte, and I'm not even sure it works for that.

This moron is taking point on the gun issue, and he knows absolutely nothing about guns, self defense, or even basic law on use of force and self defense in this country. He's a member of the Delaware bar suggesting people commit felonies. Can't/shouldn't he be disbarred for that?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Somewhere, Obama is yelling "GD it, who left the front door open!? Biden got out again!!!"
    The fact that Obama picked him was very disappointing to me, and you know how low my opinion is of Obama himself. Biden is shockingly stupid. He's all but famous for it in DC, on top of being a proven plagiarist who now as an attorney is advising people on national TV to commit felonies by telling them to shoot first and ask questions later.

Every legal course, every course on self defense has a section on NOT doing everything he's advised. You don't discharge a weapon even into the air. It's illegal in many places just to do it regardless of charges derived from threatening people with a firearm and any damage it may do. You absolutely, positively don't just blast through your front door and kill the guy on the other side without LOTS of cause and even then only in certain states will you have any legal defense.

This one is even more legally irresponsible than his last advice. Now he's gone from terroristic threatening with a gun to killing people who may not even be considered a "threat" in many states as advice to 300 million Americans.

about 1.5 hours of the 6 our CCDW class in Kentucky is spent telling people to not do what Biden is suggesting.

IMO he should be disbarred. Any attorney suggesting such things is grossly irresponsible, politician or not.

Unforgettable

This is all about playing to the base and playing to those that are just like him stupid in regards to guns. They keep bringing up the hunting aspect and this has nothing to do with hunting. There are people who do use the Ar15 to hunt deer, mainly because they enjoy that round and not because they have more bullets and as you said you aren't going to get 4-5 shots at a deer. They don't talk about using it for defensive purposes, because then they have to explaing or answer to the fact that often 2-3 shots will not stop an intruder especially one high on drugs. in many cases the 7 shot clip wont' stop one.
    Biden does come across as stupid but dont' be surprised if this is all on purpose to play to those who know nothing about guns, dont' understand what it takes to defend one self, and think only that deer hunters are butts for thinking they need 10 shots to kill a deer. PLus it makes hunters look bad also.
    AS far as shooting thru a door, I think the only way you can legally shoot thru one is if it is a screen door where you can see who is coming at you.
    He does need to be disbarred for telling people what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense.

In the same Field and Stream interview, Biden also said that anyone who needs a “clip” (actually a magazine) with 30 rounds in it is a “danger” to themselves.

“If you can’t get the bear or deer in four or five shots, you’ve got a problem,” he said.

Re the first part, this seems a reference to the 2nd AMendment, that it's just to have some basic self defense. Tells you all you need to know about his position on the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership.

As for the 2nd, another show of how little he understands about guns and even hunting. First as most everyone on here knows, you don't hunt deer and bear with 30 round magazines and ARs. Every state I know about has rules about which guns and calibers can be used to hunt deer and other large game and you don't get 4-5 shots much less 30. The comment is nonsensical other than for some kind of dumbed down sound byte, and I'm not even sure it works for that.

This moron is taking point on the gun issue, and he knows absolutely nothing about guns, self defense, or even basic law on use of force and self defense in this country. He's a member of the Delaware bar suggesting people commit felonies. Can't/shouldn't he be disbarred for that?

I agree the catch-phrasey "don't need 30 round mags to hunt deer" stuff is for the base and like any sound byte to keep it simple for the sheeple, both liberal and conservative depending on the sound byte. Stirs up images of hunters spraying bullets at those poor dear and as you said most important it frames it as a hunting issue. "You don't need that" right there holding hands with "you didn't build that".

Still, I guarantee while that's true, Biden isn't playing dumb. He was an ignorant fool way before guns were on the table. lol He really is a stupid man. Stuff he would ask in Senate hearings was appallingly dumb. He's just not a smart man, but boy he thinks he is. He's also a cheat, having plagiarized in law school, something for which many students are expelled.

Re ARs and shooting, I know a couple who shoot ARs for deer and I phrased that badly. they just don't use 30 round mags for it. I know in Kentucky you can't carry more than 11 rounds in a rifle. Ohio from what I understand only allows slugs b/c of the flat landscape, but that's 2nd hand. Personally I think 223 is a little light for deer, but debating deer hunting calibers is as bad as the endless 9mm v 45acp debate. lol.

of course the MSRs are ideal for varmints like coyote. I know some guys shoot pig with 223 ARs too. They're far from a "kill people only" gun. They look bada$$, doesn't mean that's all they're suited for. Personally I'd prefer 7.62x39 for that kind of hunting. Not as accurate b/c of the guns but great for brush hunting. My choice for a single option all purpose rifle. Certainly wouldn't be a "hunting rifle" like a bolt action. It would be an AR, SKS or AK.

That's one of about 100 places Biden is just wrong and misleading. MSRs are just great all purpose rifles. Can shoot up to deer/pig size and perfect for getting rid of a coyote or groundhog or whatever animal that size.

Heck, it's why the SKS with the 10 round box mag and wood stocks sold like crazy in the south since their first importation. Cheap, effective, reliable basic rifle. Not going to carry your weatherby around the farm in case you see a groundhog or coyote.

BTW, I just did a search of SKS on Bing and KSR was third in the results. Maybe our viewership will go up.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

It's gone now.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Did someone change the design of the AR without telling me? Last time I checked the AR did not use a clip, but used a magazine. It is not real common for a rifle to use a clip, most were former military weapons that had fixed magazines and could be loaded using an en bloc or stripper clip.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Knew it had to be illegal, but firing in the air in Delaware is felony reckless endangerment. Would be funny to see Mrs. Biden in county jail.

This guy was charged and the door he shot through was IN HIS OWN HOUSE. It wasn't even out the front door and he's in trouble. Heck, the men were reportedly armed and he's in trouble.

Messed up world ain't it?