Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where would you live if money was no object?

Re: Where would you live if money was no object?

Only 89 1/2 hours later our power is back on!!

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    You win lol

My wife was crazy after 36 hours or so. Had we made it to 77 hours she would have flipped. At 77 hours she would have been getting home from work. We made it just in time

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    You win lol

My wife was crazy after 36 hours or so. Had we made it to 77 hours she would have flipped. At 77 hours she would have been getting home from work. We made it just in time
    Oh I never said we retained our sanity or anything.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    It's something. I had an appointment postponed for tomorrow b/c the poor lady (a very nice older lady) still has no power and is staying with a friend. One of my staff has been off since the Friday storm, they are now saying as late as Thursday.

Not sure why this has taken longer than some ice storms we've had in this area.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

WRECC got us reenergized at 7:35 early last night. When I got all the extension cords disconnected and the appliances plugged back in, my wife went around the house turning lights on and off, even made a pot of coffee.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

“Someplace with electricity” is the #1 answer

Rupp's Runt

Where would you live if money was no object?

Pennyrile still had 49 customers out this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the Navy and stationed in Puerto Rico in 89 when Hugo hit. Snapped just about every pole on base. It was about 5 weeks before we got power back. You gain a new appreciation for A/C living in a tropical climate with no electricity.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's something. I had an appointment postponed for tomorrow b/c the poor lady (a very nice older lady) still has no power and is staying with a friend. One of my staff has been off since the Friday storm, they are now saying as late as Thursday.

Not sure why this has taken longer than some ice storms we've had in this area.
    Might be equipment supply related issues. I know that equipment shortages were a topic when the idiots were shooting at sub-stations.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I was in the Navy and stationed in Puerto Rico in 89 when Hugo hit. Snapped just about every pole on base. It was about 5 weeks before we got power back. You gain a new appreciation for A/C living in a tropical climate with no electricity.
    Haha, ain't that the truth. Wife's family lives in Vietnam and some of their places have ZERO A/C. The first couple of days are always a struggle just to stay hydrated. After that, you get a real appreciation for how nice fans and a good building design (open core to funnel heat out, high ceilings to mitigate heat, etc.) can help reduce the suffering.

Another question might be what would you do if money is no object at the place you select? Maybe that's the topic of another thread.

Where would you live if money was no object?

After thinking about it, since money is no object, I would more than likely live in lot of different places, and my home base would probably be right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire