Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: No Tax Increase on those making less than $400,000.00

No Tax Increase on those making less than $400,000.00

Or so said our fearless leader

Explaining a newly leaked House Ways and Means Committee plan to raise taxes by $3,000,000,000,000, a Wall Street Journal news article reports, “Rep. Richard Neal (D., Mass.), the committee chairman, has said that detailing tax-increase plans too soon can give too much time for opposition to build.”

Mr. Neal had explained his reticence to the New York Times in an interview by comparing his behavior to a man trying to seduce a woman into marriage, postponing full disclosure until the wedding guests are seated, and the bride has been walked down the aisle. “I’m likely to hold off on the pay-fors until we are at the altar,” Mr. Neal said.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: No Tax Increase on those making less than $400,000.00

Apparently nobody making under $400,000 has investments because an increase on Capital Gains has no exemption. Nobody believes this crap about $400K
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Nothing like honesty and transparency in government. Guess he was on the Obamacare "you can keep your provider" team.

I guess he's being honest about the dishonesty of it. that's something.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Took me a while to find this thread so I could link the Liar in Chief's latest plan to raise MY and YOUR taxes via an end run.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Ok, I will ask.

So is there agreement that making $400K per year is "Rich"? Because you know, they say tax the rich.

I seem to recall the Pres stating that the 400K mark was the breaking point about where the new taxes would or would not affect the taxpayer. He probably said something about the rich because we all know the demorats only tax the rich.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Ok, I will ask.

So is there agreement that making $400K per year is "Rich"? Because you know, they say tax the rich.
    For a couple it's not going to be miserable, but it's not a whole lot in Manhattan versus Iowa.

This rule is more based on your net worth, and there are a lot of people in the US with reasonable 401K holdings who would never consider themselves "rich" who would be impacted

Of course taxing the rich is still a tax on us all, diverting capital and investment and purchasing to government control, which impacts every dollar of every 401K and everything else, and that doesn't count a whole bunch of other issues, but I'm too tired for that post, lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Ok, I will ask.

The rich are taxed.

What I want to know is what is "my fair share?" because it seems like no matter what I pay, its not enough. Yet the majority of citizens pay zero federal income tax. So 'splain to me who is not paying their fair share? Is it the "rich" person who actually writes a check to the IRS or the middle class who does not... or actually gets a refund by tax credits, etc....?

Now if the government was spending money wisely, then I'd have no issue paying more in taxes, but they are not. There is waste, there if fraud, there is money giveaways known as entitlements designed to get votes.... all sponsored by the spendthifts we elect so they get re-elected.

As for 401K, is Joe and the liberal congress going to send me a check for the drop in my 401K's values since they took the reigns? I mean it is their policies that caused the value to free fall over the last 2 years.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.