Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Are you aware of this new EQUITY regulation offered up by the executive branch?

Are you aware of this new EQUITY regulation offered up by the executive branch?

It may affect the neighborhood you live in or not, but it will affect neighborhoods all across the country, and property owners will have no choice but to let the municipal governments force them to comply.

If you've worked hard to afford a suburban home, you're under attack

Steph's dilemma
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Are you aware of this new EQUITY regulation offered up by the executive branch?

This has been brewing for a few years, mostly in New York. it's an extremely serious threat to residential property values and upends the way zoning is done throughout the country.

It's also poor planning. There are a lot of other things involved in putting up a big apartment complex in a single family area. Sewers are likely to be grossly inadequate, power easily could be an issue as well especially in older areas, you have major parking and ingress/egress issues, etc. Then there are runoff and water issues b/c building apartments requires a lot of paved surface which means more runofff which requires retention basins and more volume for storm sewers. Most older neighborhoods don't have the capacity to support the volume, which means flooding and health/environmental impacts from sewage overflow.

Lexington is dealing with this as does every city even in older areas where lines are just not adequate and are breaking down. Putting high density apartments in those areas would be a huge problem, they can barely support the low density that is there now.

Zoning is about a lot of factors, and most of them are structural. You don't put light industrial in the middle of a residential neighborhood for some quality of life issues (big trucks, smells, noise) but also b/c they lack the sewer lines, power lines, road sizes, etc. to make it work. A big apartment unit is more like an industrial building than not when it comes to such things. in fact they are far more taxing on sewer/storm sewer, and just as taxing on things like water runoff and electric grid issues.

Not that liberals care about such things, or really what causes poverty or housing shortages in this country.

I'll believe they are sincere when they open their homes up to the homeless and let them put up tents in their gated communities and back yards where their kids play.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Are you aware of this new EQUITY regulation offered up by the executive branch?

Why are you being so negative?

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Comrade Kaprugina delivers a scolding. Look it up on youtube. There was room for 15 families in a high rise in your back yard, Comrade. And Republicans are leading the charge to screw up your nice neighborhood, at keast here in Montana.