Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: bigsky, does the Montana AG deserve a round of applause?

bigsky, does the Montana AG deserve a round of applause?

Linkage

Montana’s Republican attorney general threatened to sue a nonprofit organization of state attorneys if it didn't return taxpayer money amid accusations of growing liberal bias in the group.

AG Austin Knudsen sent a pointed letter with a 90-day deadline to the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) following an exodus of members as questions swirl about the group's finances and a supposedly liberal agenda despite labeling itself as nonpartisan.

"There is no doubt in my mind now that NAAG is an unreliable and improper financial steward, and that Montana’s share of the money at NAAG needs to come home," Austin Knudsen wrote in the letter, which was dated Wednesday and obtained by Fox News Digital.

"Return the money in your accounts that belongs to Montana within 90 days or I will go to court and sue to ensure that the money is safely and legally brought back within the four corners of Montana law."
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: bigsky, does the Montana AG deserve a round of applause?

Yes, he’s a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Yes, he’s a good guy.
    seeya
    dan

I don’t agree with everything he does, I’m more libertarian than just about any “attorney general” you’d meet, democrat or republican. But he’s taking a lot of really good national stances.

“A coalition of 15 Republican attorneys general sent a letter to President Joe Biden Wednesday calling out his stance on so-called “assault weapons” and pledging to oppose his plan to target gun rights.

The coalition, led by Republican Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen, questioned Biden’s definition of so-called “assault weapons,” further saying that his call for Congress to ban “assault weapons” is both “irresponsible and unconstitutional,” according to the letter. The letter specifically responded to Biden’s State of The Union Address and his comments about assault weapons and semi-automatic handguns, saying they were “astonishing,” as there are over 100 million semi-automatic handguns and 45 million semi-automatic rifles in the United States possessed by law-abiding Americans.“

Someone needs to kidnap Joe and take him to a firing range and demonstrate the difference between a 9mm semi auto pistol and a fully auto one along with semi auto, but looks like a fully auto, rifle, and a fully auto "Assault" rifle. He also needs to know that the fed description of a Ruger 10-22 plinking rifle makes it an assault rifle.

When he sees and hears a fully auto AR, AK, M4, or M27 , 30 round banana clip discharged on full auto, he might actually detect a difference in assault weapons vs civilian semi auto weapons. And also show him a belt fed .50 cal BAR set to full auto ripping up a nice modern EV automobile.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Someone needs to kidnap Joe and take him to a firing range and demonstrate the difference between a 9mm semi auto pistol and a fully auto one along with semi auto, but looks like a fully auto, rifle, and a fully auto "Assault" rifle. He also needs to know that the fed description of a Ruger 10-22 plinking rifle makes it an assault rifle.

When he sees and hears a fully auto AR, AK, M4, or M27 , 30 round banana clip discharged on full auto, he might actually detect a difference in assault weapons vs civilian semi auto weapons. And also show him a belt fed .50 cal BAR set to full auto ripping up a nice modern EV automobile.
    While I agree with you, Biden is too stupid and too eaten up with the liberal mentality that would actually let him discern the differences if he was a regular person like most of us here. In short, he's an idiot. And I'm trying to be nice about it.
    MOLON LABE!

He appears to be on the right side of this issue as well.

"It's just flatly illegal," Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen told Fox News Digital in an interview. "This is federal land that is specifically — by the Taylor Grazing Act, by federal law — set aside for livestock grazing. Bison are not livestock, even under federal law."

Knudsen slammed AP for what he called its surreptitious plan to create an "American Serengeti" where "liberal coastal elites can come and hang out and look at the pretty animals." The attorney general added that his office is closely reviewing the Biden administration's decision Thursday to determine its next steps to protect ranchers and the state's interests.

The American Prairie (AP), a conservation project in Montana, has quietly scooped up more than 450,000 acres of land with the help of its billionaire donors and the federal government.
    seeya
    dan

btw, ya'll have a beautiful free running river in the Gallatin.

Picture is in this article where Montana politicians are fighting the executive branch and their attitude toward hunters and fishermen. I can normally just save pictures, from an article, to my hard drive, then link them to a post here, but this one has an oddball extension that this website does not recognize.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

So if there are questions about Oooey Gooey Zooey makin all the news in Montana I’d put it here. Rs totally correct to censure when the representative from district 100 refused to apologize and instead urged on a little riot inside the Capitol’s House chamber where objects were thrown, the business of the house suspended and 7 arrested. The representatives offend the rules of decorum frequently, but they apologize, show contrition and everyone moves on. Not done by the representative from HD100.

Proud of my state for protecting children.

On your question Dan, Montana has a very strong history of protecting sportsmans access vs the rich. Very populist and harkens back to when we hunted or fished to eat. Two issues right now are stream access between the high water marks of any navigable water, that is the law, and the “four corners” lawsuit where rich landowners are challenging access to federal and state property they try to landlock behind their property, even if it is just the spot where the corners of govt and their land come together. Technology makes it possible to know these corners and people are jumping over them.

I expect all issues here to be resolved in favor of public access. Now “can it be motorized” os a much bigger fight.

I believe I figure it out. Lets see if this works

seeya
    dan

Well, tha6t worked, but it is a shrunken version. Oh well, better than nothing I suppose.
    seeya
    dan

The Gallatin. I live within 30 miles of five blue ribbon trout streams, and the headwaters of the Missouri river.

Lucky man you are. Don't stock up on lead based lures tough.
    seeya
    dan

I got plenty already. Just replace what I lose.

One and Done

I would adopt MT as my second home state! Absolutely love it out there. I've fished most of the big rivers in the state.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TNCat View Post
    I would adopt MT as my second home state! Absolutely love it out there. I've fished most of the big rivers in the state.

Cool! Rivers are all blown out right now, but I love the month of green valleys with all white mountains above.

One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Cool! Rivers are all blown out right now, but I love the month of green valleys with all white mountains above.
    I've not seen a season out there that doesn't have beauty in its own right. I will need to get out there for the spring season. Having been a CPA, I could never get away in the spring.

Aside from trout streams, I think the citizens of Montana have the opportunity to rid the country of a very poor legislator and replace it with a potentially great one.

Sheehy for Senate
    seeya
    dan

Worked with him a tiny bit on the Gallatin College effort. And he has a really good fundraiser. I think he has a shot at beating the incumbent mostly because he’s not one of these entitled “moving up the ladder” permanent politicians.

His company Bridger Aerospace, houses Gallatin College’s aviation classrooms and planes. That is one of the examples of how we have been able to build a two year college from nothing here in Bozeman. We still don’t even have a college building but enrollment in my time of being involved grew from 26 enrolled in degree programs to over 800.

AG Knudsen still hard at work protecting the rights of the citizens of MT from the fed overreach policies of the unelected officials of Joe's administration.

Taking on BLM this time
    seeya
    dan

I think he needs to work on Otter control in your area though. I think the Sappington bridge is just outside of Bozeman. They are such cute little critters, but I would not want to encounter one that was angry with me out on the river with nothing but a fly rod for protection.

Based on the level of response, one would think that they had encountered the James gang, or the remnants of the warriors from the battle of the Little Big Horn.

The women called 911 and Montana Highway Patrol, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, Jefferson Valley Ambulance, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Life Flight and a local landowner all responded to the scene.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-04-2023 at 09:33 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I think the one woman got her face shredded. Sappington is about 40 mikes west on the Jefferson river just a few miles from where the three rivers combine to form the Mighty Missouri.